Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

over9five

Staff member
If anyone has been to these islands, and knows of something we shouldn't miss, please chime in. I'm trying to avoid Carnivals expensive (IMHO) excursions.

We've been to St Thomas three times, but have never been to Megans Bay - supposedly one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world. We plan to take an open air bus there, and if we have time later go up the gondola thats right beside the pier.

In St Kitts, there is an old fortress that I want to see. Brimstone Hill Fortress. I'm into old wars, you know, back in the good ol days. Now a computer fire a gps guided cruise missile from a thousand miles away. Try to imagine firing a cannon ball from a rocking sailing ship! Those were the days! We've been to Fort San Cristobal in San Juan, that was amazing.

BUT....no plans yet for
St Lucia....
Barbados...
St Maarten been there twice, how 'bout.....................(European beach???).....(I'll tell wifey I didn't know it was that kinda beach!).....(Was it SCRATCH telling me they ran into their topless waitress on such a beach?)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
St Maarten been there twice, how 'bout.....................(European beach???).....(I'll tell wifey I didn't know it was that kinda beach!).....(Was it SCRATCH telling me they ran into their topless waitress on such a beach?)

Uhhhh...............................................yes, that was me. We did a Carnival excursion on St. Maartens which was sail on a catamaran, go snorkeling, then we got to eat some baby back ribs on the beach. There was a young French woman that seemed to have lost her black bikini top. She spent an hour or two walking back and forth in the shallow water in front of everybody looking for it. She was hot and she knew exactly what she was doing. Every man on that beach was trying hard not to stare. This guy that sat at our dinner table every night just finally walked up to her and took some pictures.And no I didn't take any myself, that would have been just wrong! A couple of nights later, we were having dinner in The Supper Club, which was that ship's upscale eatery. It turned out this young woman was our waitress.

pkgdriver

Over,
Magens Bay is very nice hopefully the taxi will go to Mountaintop so you can see the bay from above. The Gondola ride has a nice view and cocktails at the top.

In St Kitts we did "The Tour" http://www.thenfordgrey.com/ with 6 others that I organized with on Cruisecritic. Brimstone Hill will be well worth your time. I think the price for the day was 45.00 a person and this included admission to the fortress.

We've been to St Lucia plenty of times but http://cosol-tours.com/ gave us a GREAT day organized again on Cruise Critic.

Orient Beach in St Maarten will give you plenty of water sports and plenty of "sights", the Lotiere Farm Ziplines/adventure courses are good if you are into that stuff. Maho beach is a must if you are into airplanes landing closeup. We usually pick up a box of chocolate when we are in St Maarten. They have a kiosk at the dock.

Haven't been to Barbados in 17-18 years so no luck here.

Need any other info let me know or PM me. Check the Roll Call on Cruise Critic. I think some of you did this on the BC cruise. The ports section of The Cruise Critic board has a wealth of information on the ports also.

Over, have you checked out the CruiseCritic message board for you trip's roll call ? You can pick up a lot of info on excursions and such from there.

over9five

Staff member
If anyone has been to these islands, and knows of something we shouldn't miss, please chime in. I'm trying to avoid Carnivals expensive (IMHO) excursions.

So much for THAT idea!!! Wifey (err, I mean WE) have now booked 3 Carnival excursions.

Barbados: Some beach party thing.

St Kitts: Tour thingy which thankfully includes the Brimstone Hill Fortress.

St Maarten: Beach. OK, I might have mentioned my good friend Scratch recommending St Maarten beaches....

DS

Fenderbender
3 cruises ?!!!!!! now thats gotta be overallowed...
I hate hot,and have no real desire to spend my money to go somewhere that
I end up in the bar every night.
I too love history,castles fascinate me.
I was in Britain once,could not get enough,ruins or not.
Glastonbury blew me away.
Good fish'n chips too.

My BC Cruise two has been booked. Going out of Galveston, on the new Carnival Magic departing on March 4, 2011. We'll be stopping in Jamaica, Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Booked a cove balcony and ready to go NOW...

That's a nice ship! I love the idea of an adults only section.
This is the newest ship in their line. The adult only section is called the Serenity area, lots of places to lounge around without kids or loud music, it should be very relaxing...I'll let ya know when we get back. :)

klein

Für Meno :)
Here is an offer I just seen in my inbox (been out of town for the last 5 or 6 days).
(and yes, I know, the copy and paste didn't work for me well) :(

Join us April 29, 2012 as we celebrate AIR MILES[SUP]®[/SUP] 20th Anniversary

Dear Klein,

Join us April 29, 2012 as we celebrate AIR MILES[SUP]®[/SUP] 20th Anniversary in style, aboard a boutique cruise ship chartered exclusively for AIR MILES[SUP]®[/SUP] Collectors. We selected the prestigious Azamara Journey cruise ship renowned for its indulgent and unparalleled service.

As a GOLD Collector, we're giving you first choice of staterooms and 20% off the price!

Embark on an exclusive 7-day picturesque journey from Rouen, France, with ports of call in Bruges, Amsterdam and St Peter's Port in the Channel Islands. Be among the first to join this upscale voyage.

Price includes:
• A $200 shipboard credit[SUP]2[/SUP]
• Selected boutique wines at lunch and dinner
• All gratuities
• All meals
• Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees & teas

Don't get left behind at the pier – staterooms for GOLD Collectors are priced to move, so act fast!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Just got back from 3 weeks of pure heaven in Alaska. Princess has Alaska down pat. Now if they could just fix the vibration problem in the port engine on the Diamond Princess.