Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

helenofcalifornia

If you want Lifer to come, then definitely don't plan a cruise during his "Maui" months. Not unless Lifer wants to invite us all to share his timeshare. Just give us advance warning so that we can pick vacation weeks Lifer!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If you want an affordable cruise try The SS Badger. It's a car ferry that crosses lake Michigan. It's a fine vessell if you like the smell of coal.
I was staying at the best western in Manitowoc Wi and saw this guy dancing on the dock. It is the ORIGINAL Ferry dancer, for the ss badger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=friend-TZP5U-JeA

satellitedriver

Yup, expect a call every month. That's what Princess Cruises does to me. However, I got caller ID.... so, I just don't answer.

The best offers I receive is from my airmiles website. They book like half the ship, and get a huge discount.
But, only 2 Cruiselines to chose from (Hollandamerica & Norwegian). Usually 25-30% off the cruiselines internet listed price.

Oh, on another note. Did my first Youtube production today.
This was part of the nightly entertainment in Peurto Vallarta at my resort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CBpdtpNNI0
Klien,
I endured your video post.
If you call that entertainment, I can only assume that you are easily entertained.
Jeez, that was low production.

klein

Für Meno :)
Klien,
I endured your video post.
If you call that entertainment, I can only assume that you are easily entertained.
Jeez, that was low production.

I thought it was great. It's taken outside, by the big bar, and if you look closer tables are set up everywhere. Servers are constantly serving you any free drink you ask for.
And ofcourse, smoking is allowed, too.
They used that same stage for live theatre, too.
Plus they had live bands playing and singing.
Didn't capture everything.... next time, I'll capture some more stuff.

Remember the price tag : just $748.00 + tax, which included airfare, all drinks, meals, all non motorized watersports, and room, plus transportation to and from Puerto Vallarta airport.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I thought it was great. It's taken outside, by the big bar, and if you look closer tables are set up everywhere. Servers are constantly serving you any free drink you ask for.

Remember the price tag : just $748.00 + tax, which included airfare, all drinks, meals, all non motorized watersports, and room, plus transportation to and from Puerto Vallarta airport.
That right there would keep me out.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I am with you! Mexico is off our radar until further notice.

Well, I guess it's lucky we all survived since our cruise did take us to Cozumel Mexico...:happy-very: We even took a cab (not an excurision from the cruise line) to a beach a good 10 - 15 miles away and had a wonderful time.

Any cruise destination whether it's Mexico, Roatan or Belize ( all ports we visited) are checked out and deemed safe prior to our arrival, if things change we would skip that port. If you travel in Mexico on your own, not on a cruise and not knowing the current conditions for where you're traveling or what you're doing....then that can lead to trouble..

We probably had more of chance getting shot in Airzona then in Cozumel!!!:surprised:

klein

This trip will be next year Klein. Are you planning to be gainfully unemployed 11 months from now?

No, but I will be in Florida in February. If it's unpaid vacation, so be it.
But, really not that much interessted in a cruise, anyways. Would be too expensive for me, I think.
I will help out with good deals , if they choose to take a good offer. Basically , keep an eye open.
On selected dates, they could book Norwegian or Hollandamerica for 25-30% off. And, NOT thru me... I'll just supply the website and phone number.
Like this offer :
https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/RewardsNonRedeemableDetailsOneBlock?productId=prod1293918

Who knows ? I might even have money by then ? But, now I love going all inclusive, instead....

satellitedriver

Klien,
I have traveled all through Mexico, since the early 1960's, and I have no intention to cross the Rio Bravo again.
The price you paid was exactly what it was worth.

klein

Klien,
I have traveled all through Mexico, since the early 1960's, and I have no intention to cross the Rio Bravo again.
The price you paid was exactly what it was worth.

I disagree strongly. For just over $100 a day, I couldn't even eat and drink all day here in a restaurant. Still wouldn't have a room, nor a beach, and not as much fun.
Here is my second youtube production : (make sure you click it up to 720p to get full HD)

[video=youtube;Ka_rmL3Z6pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_rmL3Z6pk[/video]

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, I was watching your film and I was getting dizzy inhaling the bus fumes. Just looking at the roads, it reminds me of CA.'s worst ghettos.

You couldn't pay me enough to cross the border into Mexico......and I'm talking millions!

satellitedriver

I disagree strongly. For just over $100 a day, I couldn't even eat and drink all day here in a restaurant. Still wouldn't have a room, nor a beach, and not as much fun.
Here is my second youtube production : (make sure you click it up to 720p to get full HD)

[video=youtube;Ka_rmL3Z6pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka_rmL3Z6pk[/video]
First off,
Your video is of other peoples life styles on the fringe of the true lifestyle of the average Mexican citizen.
You travel tourist class and think that is the reality.
Just get into a car and drive from the Texas border down through central Mexico all the way to the Yucatan and tell me you still have your rose colored glasses on.
$100 dollars a day is close to my basic lifestyle cost, and I drink and eat every day.
I will just save the rest of my paycheck and enjoy the view off my back porch.