Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

klein

Für Meno :)
First off,
Your video is of other peoples life styles on the fringe of the true lifestyle of the average Mexican citizen.
You travel tourist class and think that is the reality.
Just get into a car and drive from the Texas border down through central Mexico all the way to the Yucatan and tell me you still have your rose colored glasses on.
$100 dollars a day is close to my basic lifestyle cost, and I drink and eat every day.
I will just save the rest of my paycheck and enjoy the view off my back porch.

Sat, I agree with you there. Driving thru Mexico, etc.
But, the resorts are nice. And it's not just Mexico is like that.
Many vacation in Cuba, Domican Republic, Haiti, Bahamas etc.

As long as you stay at the nice touristic resort, you're safe and sound. Have good food and drinks, even a great room.
Plus the sun, ocean, beach. Something us Canadians love (since we don't have that in most provinces, and actually it would cost us more then heading to another country/Island).

If you wanna watch part II of that video, it's on the "share a video" thread.

I still think it was a hell of a deal, to fly for over 5hrs, all inclusive, and be directly at a beach resort.

Beats being here, check out what we got here this week :

[video=youtube;sSxd1eLFjK4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSxd1eLFjK4[/video]

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well, I guess it's lucky we all survived since our cruise did take us to Cozumel Mexico...:happy-very: We even took a cab (not an excurision from the cruise line) to a beach a good 10 - 15 miles away and had a wonderful time.

Any cruise destination whether it's Mexico, Roatan or Belize ( all ports we visited) are checked out and deemed safe prior to our arrival, if things change we would skip that port. If you travel in Mexico on your own, not on a cruise and not knowing the current conditions for where you're traveling or what you're doing....then that can lead to trouble..

We probably had more of chance getting shot in Airzona then in Cozumel!!!:surprised:

I'm planning on going to Mexico in Sept. That is if my friend comes for vacation.................................. :wink2:

klein

Für Meno :)
Hey now.... me being a new Youtube Director and producer, just found out people can e-mail you, befriend you, and subscribe to you. Didn't know that.
Now, I got some couple in Holland as friends. They requested to be friends.

So, they must have liked a few of my vids :)

But, I agree. That road one, should be edited and shortend.

btw. The mailbox at the end of the video doesn't exist as of yesterday anymore.
Some car drove over it, and rolled.
Couldn't even check or receive my mail yesterday !
Made a short vid of that, too (just the aftermath), everything laying destoyed and in pieces there now. :(
2 newspaper boxes were also taken out, I think the bus-stop post is also down.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Hey now.... me being a new Youtube Director and producer, just found out people can e-mail you, befriend you, and subscribe to you. Didn't know that.

Don't quit your day job. Whoops, never mind.:happy2:

I guess that means Holland is in dire need of ........................."entertainment".

helenofcalifornia

BTW, my sock tan line is now beginning to peel. I guess the cruise vacation is officially over for me now. Just memories now and not enuf pictures. Heavy sigh.

UPS Lifer

Helen hit it on the head! We are gone a month and everything piles up when you get back. It takes a whole month to catch up with the mail and then there are the taxes. I have to file an extension just because of the timing! April just does not work for me Steve. I would loved to have gone but I book a year out. I booked next Feb-Mar (2011) this past January!

I plan my Maui trip in Feb-March to get away from the winter. :2cold: I am a sunbelt person and even a mild winter is STILL winter!!! Though some of you in the snow belt think that 32 degrees is bikini weather.... bikini weather to me is 80 degrees!:hawaii_girl:

And for this type of excursion there is nothing better than cruising. There is something for everybody.

Question
Where are all the pics and videos posted for the trip you guys just took???? I only saw 1 pic from Dill and a couple of great vids from Cheryl! I would love to see you guys having such a wonderful time!!!