Buffalo hub desperate for employees

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Buffalo you can be a driver almost out of the gate. We have guys who worked preload for 2 months and are now driving.the benefits alone for my family would be around $1400 a month. When i started they told us working there sucks and you wont be able to pay your bills.most people have another job and use ups for the benefits. You will get a full body workout. Work your but off 3.5 hours and go home. Most of it was true except i usually work 6-6.5 hours

So, if they are driving after 2 months and you’ve been there 7 why aren’t you driving ?

Something don’t smell right

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
FCF68CDE-472F-4F62-8F95-6148A0433446.png

Here’s one for $550 I’ve seen worse for more

dudebro

Isn't minimum wage in New York State $10.40/hr?

I can't blame people for quitting. There's other opportunities out there. HR feeds new employees a load of BS about the job. $11hr minus union Initiation fee and Dues. Plus a year wait to get benefits. The job just isn't worth it for some people.

Work back breaking labor for a few years and you'll get a chance to be a second class driver!

I'm for PT loaders making more. I think they deserve it.

BUT - I was a training supervisor in Meadowlands in 1988 when the minimum wage was $3.35 and UPS paid 8. That would be like $21 an hour now.

20 people would come downstairs with me, and in 30 minutes, 14 would make it back up. 6 people would quit at the SIGHT of the job, and this was before over 70s. Many people are just too lazy to do the work, period.

Rabbit

So, if they are driving after 2 months and you’ve been there 7 why aren’t you driving ?

Something don’t smell right
I didnt start with the intention to become a driver i like the hours of the preload shift. I was asked to be a supervisor and said no now the driver sup wants me tobe a driver. Ive been thinking about it

brown_trousers

Hiring loaders and drivers ups cant seem to keep people. I see a new group of faces evey couple weeks then theyre gone. Why are people so damn lazy.

There is always going to be low wage jobs that attract lazy people. If UPS wants to hire, they are going to have to pay more than these lazy person jobs. Around portland, you can get a lazy job folding clothes in an air conditioned store for $11 an hour.

Who is going to choose to sweat their ass off unloading a trailer in 100 degree heat for $10 an hour when they can instead be lazy and make more money doing it?