Buy out due to repeated injuries

Cyclops

I had a knee injury that resulted in half of the cartilage in my knee being removed. Reinjury is likely. Knee replacement is likely. Arthritis is likely.
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know what some of you know about buy outs. I know of full timers who have had repeated injuries to the extent that they are costing the company a lot of money for workers' comp claims, so UPS buys them out to the toon of $200k-$300k. Anyone heard of part timers being bout out under this kind of circumstance? Numbers?

Indecisi0n

There is no such thing. They will use you until you break then kick you out the door. Then if a doctor says you will never be 100% again UPS refuses to take you back. Yea you can get a lawyer and blah blah blah but you have to ask yourself how long can you go without getting a paycheck because UPS willput you off for years.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I had a knee injury that resulted in half of the cartilage in my knee being removed. Reinjury is likely. Knee replacement is likely. Arthritis is likely.

If you have been given a medical release to return to work, pondering what

might happen (later) is pragmatic. But, unrealistic to think the company

is going to pay you out.... to leave. (as a part-timer)

We will put you in small sort. Problem solved.

We call it the boneyard or the pasture.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know what some of you know about buy outs. I know of full timers who have had repeated injuries to the extent that they are costing the company a lot of money for workers' comp claims, so UPS buys them out to the toon of $200k-$300k. Anyone heard of part timers being bout out under this kind of circumstance? Numbers?
IMG_4273.JPG

rocket man

2 - $300,000 they can buy me out right now and I'm rather healthy

Turdferguson

Just a turd
have heard they will buyout a part timer for as much as $500 and a pack of slim jims

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
There is no such thing. They will use you until you break then kick you out the door. Then if a doctor says you will never be 100% again UPS refuses to take you back. Yea you can get a lawyer and blah blah blah but you have to ask yourself how long can you go without getting a paycheck because UPS willput you off for years.

I have a 18% disability from 15 years ago and l am still working.

john chesney

Workers Comp then disability and then out the door you go. You can get a permanent partial workers comp settlement but I've never seen them that high for a knee