By Invitation Only

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Do tell...... you know you want to. Lol.
I see guy and family broken down on side of road. I stop to see if they are ok. This idiot ran out of gas. He is 20 minutes from any life. He has a can so I offer to get him some gas. Proceed to take my lunch and drive 20 mins in and 20 minutes back with his gas.

He's got one of these new "safety cans".
gas can.jpg

Gotdamned thing does not fit in the nozzle spout of the car. I go back to truck grab a funnel that has been rattling around there for...ever. Talk about lucky right? Undo the gas can cap and start pouring directly into funnel. Guy stops me and says, "Whoa, that's on there for safety reasons you can't pour it like that!"

I was like, "really, you're kidding me right?" As serious as a heart attack, guy says, "It's a Federal safety law that was passed for those cans to prevent an explosion." I actually started to laugh at him.

And here we go...while laughing, I said,"I just spent 40 minutes of my lunch getting this gas for you and you are giving me S* about the gas can?" I proceed to pull my funnel out and screw the cap back on the can and set it on the ground. I told him as I walked away, "You friend*n figure it out then I'm outta here. I have S* to do. You're welcome!"

And I left.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Squirrels? Those little bastards are always running around.

9am.. jesus you guys are blessed! My little nightmare would be up at 530am telling me he wants to go home and watch paw patrol.
She woke up at 7 and was like time to
Get up!!! I told her to give me a few minutes to mess with the fire and I’d come
Back for her. She was back asleep when I went back to the tent.

I had also forgot my gun

Brownslave688

Now the real story comes out! :)
It was a bad weekend to camp really. Wife was on call. The brother in law that went with was moving into a new home this weekend. As far as free time goes it was a bad weekend to do it but honestly probably worked out well for her that it was pretty much a set up camp, cook dinner, eat, sleep, cook breakfast, eat, pack camp and leave. Not a lot of time
To be bored.

Brownslave688

I see guy and family broken down on side of road. I stop to see if they are ok. This idiot ran out of gas. He is 20 minutes from any life. He has a can so I offer to get him some gas. Proceed to take my lunch and drive 20 mins in and 20 minutes back with his gas.

View attachment 267942
Gotdamned thing does not fit in the nozzle spout of the car. I go back to truck grab a funnel that has been rattling around there for...ever. Talk about lucky right? Undo the gas can cap and start pouring directly into funnel. Guy stops me and says, "Whoa, that's on there for safety reasons you can't pour it like that!"

I was like, "really, you're kidding me right?" As serious as a heart attack, guy says, "It's a Federal safety law that was passed for those cans to prevent an explosion." I actually started to laugh at him.

And here we go...while laughing, I said,"I just spent 40 minutes of my lunch getting this gas for you and you are giving me S* about the gas can?" I proceed to pull my funnel out and screw the cap back on the can and set it on the ground. I told him as I walked away, "You friend*n figure it out then I'm outta here. I have S* to do. You're welcome!"

And I left.
:censored2: yeah. How does this :censored2: always happen to you. Lmao

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 267942

And I left.
About a year ago when I worked for the Township someone threw away 5 old style gas cans (3 different sizes) - don't know why because they were still good. I cobbed on to them so I don't have to worry about using one of these god awful new pieces of crap.

scooby0048

:censored2: yeah. How does this :censored2: always happen to you. Lmao
I used to love watching Seinfeld. I often thought, there is no way that kind of stuff happens to people. Then I became a cop and found out just how friend*d up people are and life is. Not once in my wildest dreams did I ever think that MY life would mirror the Seinfeld show.

In hindsight, I should have yelled at the guy as I was walking away,

"NO GAS FOR YOU!!!"

scooby0048

About a year ago when I worked for the Township someone threw away 5 old style gas cans (3 different sizes) - don't know why because they were still good. I cobbed on to them so I don't have to worry about using one of these god awful new pieces of crap.
Sell me one.

I found some aftermarket thingy that was supposed to fix that problem. Put it on the can and gas pissed everywhere.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

View attachment 267942

And I left.

Damn, I hate those things!!

Brownslave688

Or you could spend a couple bucks and buy a replacement nozzle that’s old style