By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
picdump_3271_08.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
These Florida creatures always to exclude shower like-sweating for 6 months, rain showers all summer, and hurricane's.
You left out the part of beautiful weather 5-6 months the rest of the year. Weather that draws Northerners and Canadians here every year rather than freeze their butts off in the frigid cold, ice and snow up North. :)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You left out the part of beautiful weather 5-6 months the rest of the year. Weather that draws Northerners and Canadians here every year rather than freeze their butts off in the frigid cold, ice and snow up North. :)
The real cold is 2 1/2 months up north. I really enjoy the spring and fall. You miss that down south.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
They’re no wagners. But they get the job done
I'm so over my wife getting rid of the pans. It was probably meant to be. At least I have had some time to mourn the loss of my coveted pans at the hands of someone else's doing.

Two weeks ago, I had to get rid of my cast iron pans altogether. Seems not only do I have Tourettes, no heart, and half a brain, but I also have an iron overload that I now have get therapeutic phlebotomy done weekly until it is under control.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm so over my wife getting rid of the pans. It was probably meant to be. At least I have had some time to mourn the loss of my coveted pans at the hands of someone else's doing.

Two weeks ago, I had to get rid of my cast iron pans altogether. Seems not only do I have Tourettes, no heart, and half a brain, but I also have an iron overload that I now have get therapeutic phlebotomy done weekly until it is under control.
You got that from the pans?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Looks like you will be regularly donating blood.

scooby0048

You got that from the pans?
No, I finally went to get my men's health blood work done and it came back back that my Ferritin levels were through the roof. About 5 times as high as they should be. Normally, the body processes iron and does not allow excess iron to absorb.

In my case the body does not stop absorbing the iron causing an overload. The body cannot rid itself of excess iron and thus it is stored in the organs, leading to premature organ failure if not treated.

The good thing is, it is very easy to treat by doing regular therapeutic phlebotomy. As @Wally mentioned above, I will be giving blood once a week until the level is under control. Once under control, I will just have to give blood enough to maintain the levels. Normal people can only give blood once every 2 months or so where as, I can give once or twice a week depending on how fast my levels drop.

But using the pans and taking the multi-vitamins are not helping.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I saw you had said that. My family is the opposite. Many anemic or borderline anemic.

scooby0048

I saw you had said that. My family is the opposite. Many anemic or borderline anemic.
Mine is hereditary but the funny thing with HH is that it really presents no symptoms other than fatigue, achy joints, tiredness, and an occasional blah feeling in the stomach. I'm almost 50, no S* I get those. No one in my family has shown any signs or been tested for it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mine is hereditary but the funny thing with HH is that it really presents no symptoms other than fatigue, achy joints, tiredness, and an occasional blah feeling in the stomach. I'm almost 50, no S* I get those. No one in my family has shown any signs or been tested for it.
When I was going through the whole sleep apnea thing a friend that’s a nurse practitioner asked if I was tired a lot. I’m like I have a 2 year old, a third trimester wife sleeping in bed with me, I eat like :censored2: and I’ve put on 60+ lbs.

Yeah Susan I’m tired.

scooby0048

For all the people that ask on my route,

YES MY TRUCK IS BROKEN DOWN

YES THIS IS SOMETHING NEW USING A RENTAL

YES UPS RAN OUT OF MONEY TO BUY NEW TRUCKS

YES I AM JAMMING OUT TO METALLICA

AND YES, IT IS SLIPPERY OUT THERE ESPECIALLY SINCE WE JUST GOT 8" ON SNOW YOU IDIOTS.

And yes, my feet are the warmest they have been in 6 weeks!

scooby0048

When I was going through the whole sleep apnea thing a friend that’s a nurse practitioner asked if I was tired a lot. I’m like I have a 2 year old, a third trimester wife sleeping in bed with me, I eat like :censored2: and I’ve put on 60+ lbs.

Yeah Susan I’m tired.

And that's why this goes unnoticed so much. I have been doing alot of reading and it's pretty common but people just have to be tested for it.

let's not talk about the weight thing. I've packed on 45lbs since quitting smoking. I'm going back to smoking.