By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 22 years
source.gif
Isn’t she suppose to be handcuffed too?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Parents should teach these things and quit blaming the schools for their kids being unprepared.

But plenty of parents suck so
Too many single parent households. Don’t have a problem with it being taught in high school. It’s better than a lot of kids taking math or science courses that don’t apply to anything they’ll ever do in life.

oldngray

nowhere special
Too many single parent households. Don’t have a problem with it being taught in high school. It’s better than a lot of kids taking math or science courses that don’t apply to anything they’ll ever do in life.

A guy at my church just got a new job driving a forklift. He's a bit slow but nothing extreme. He had to take a math test and I was surprised all he knows how to do is add and subtract. He just answered the multiple choices questions at random. And passed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Those math and science classes should teach the critical thinking skills the kids need for things like paying bills and taxes.

Hate when I hear people say how bout teach kids to do taxes instead of algebra.

The math they were taught should give them the skills to do the taxes

oldngray

nowhere special
Those math and science classes should teach the critical thinking skills the kids need for things like paying bills and taxes.

Hate when I hear people say how bout teach kids to do taxes instead of algebra.

The math they were taught should give them the skills to do the taxes

My school had a math class that taught things like budgeting your money and banking and things like that but was geared mostly to kids who weren't planning on going to college. Very basic math but real world situations.

Algebra is most useful as a basis for learning higher math. Not something you will need in daily life.