By Invitation Only

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
We are being invaded down here! I guess everyone saw what a great job our governor is doing here and how bad it is in places like NY, NJ and IL that they decided to move here. My BIL is a realtor at a higher end real estate company and they can’t keep up with the demand. Especially the loan company they send their customers to. I was looking online this morning at acreage/lots for sale on my route. The majority of them said “pending”. People are paying cash for houses.
I don’t know about the politics of it but there is almost zero inventory up here. Houses that are listed are almost 100k over actual value.

oldngray

nowhere special
z-florida.png

oldngray

nowhere special
We are being invaded down here! I guess everyone saw what a great job our governor is doing here and how bad it is in places like NY, NJ and IL that they decided to move here. My BIL is a realtor at a higher end real estate company and they can’t keep up with the demand. Especially the loan company they send their customers to. I was looking online this morning at acreage/lots for sale on my route. The majority of them said “pending”. People are paying cash for houses.
I heard Montana land is selling for triple the old prices from all the Californians moving there

rod

Retired 22 years
You should see the house you could get here for $780,000. It won’t be waterfront but it will be nice.
That would get you a nice older house with a great lot with great elevation on a nice lake here. Then you could bull doze it down and put up your 5 million dollar "cabin" that you only use 2 or 3 months a year. Happens all the time around here.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
That would get you a nice older house with a great lot with great elevation on a nice lake here. Then you could bull doze it down and put up your 5 million dollar "cabin" that you only use 2 or 3 months a year. Happens all the time around here.
I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago at a older house on a beautiful one acre lot, on the bay. The house was bought for $1.3. million as a tear down. Every room had a wonderful view, but it DID need a little updating. You could tell though that no expense was spared in building the house. All to tear it down. It will be interesting though to see how they’ll work around two giant live oaks that are protected by City and County Ordnances.

rod

Retired 22 years
I went to an estate sale a few weeks ago at a older house on a beautiful one acre lot, on the bay. The house was bought for $1.3. million as a tear down. Every room had a wonderful view, but it DID need a little updating. You could tell though that no expense was spared in building the house. All to tear it down. It will be interesting though to see how they’ll work around two giant live oaks that are protected by City and County Ordnances.
I've got some friends who bought a real nice house on a river lot. They only wanted it for the lot so they were going to sell just the house with the stipulation that it must be moved off the lot. It would have made a GREAT starter home for someone -- at a reasonable price. Then it was discovered that the house was too wide to fit between some trees along the driveway so they bull-dozed the house down. Didn't want to lose 4 or 5 trees.