By Invitation Only

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Why aren’t you buying a house? A single guy I used to work with used to buy houses, rent them out and let others pay his mortgage. Last I heard, he owned six houses and didn’t pay for any of them.
Two main reasons. First one is they're already expensive. Everyone around here thinks their bull:censored2: is worth a millions dollars. Little things going for $200k or more. Then you got flippers who turn otherwise affordable living quarters into some HGTV nonsense and try to sell it for twice as much. Then you got boomers who "build their dream house" then decide they want to downsize. Too bad for them I'm not in the market for a $500k McMansion.

The other reason is I just don't want to make any kind of commitment to any one area. Not to mention I don't want to deal with nonsense. Especially now with renting when you can get some hemorrhoids moving in and trashing the place that I can't even evict.

542thruNthru

Two main reasons. First one is they're already expensive. Everyone around here thinks their bull* is worth a millions dollars. Little things going for $200k or more. Then you got flippers who turn otherwise affordable living quarters into some HGTV nonsense and try to sell it for twice as much. Then you got boomers who "build their dream house" then decide they want to downsize. Too bad for them I'm not in the market for a $500k McMansion.

The other reason is I just don't want to make any kind of commitment to any one area.
giphy-32.gif

542thruNthru

Enjoy your Cali real estate market.
I do actually. I bought my house at a good time. It will be paid off before I retire and I'll probably be able to sell it for 100's of thousands more than I paid for it. Move out of cali and steal a nice house out from under one of you poor people that can't pay over asking price. ;)

542thruNthru

Enjoy your Cali real estate market.

I do actually. I bought my house at a good time. It will be paid off before I retire and I'll probably be able to sell it for 100's of thousands more than I paid for it. Move out of cali and steal a nice house out from under one of you poor people that can't pay over asking price. ;)
Oh and I'll make sure to vote in all the democrats. ;)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Oh and I'll make sure to vote in all the democrats. ;)
Good. Go to Pennsylvania and drive up the prices of their houses. We already have Northerners driving up housing prices here. I was talking to a guy Saturday with a beautiful front yard and he was telling me he sold his house within a day of putting it on the market....$50,000 over asking price.