C19 pay

floridays

Why do you and others complain and worry about something that hasn't happened yet? If and when it happens, then complain and worry about it.
Not sure any one used the word worry.
I only hear current reports and future thinking.
Not sure they ever used this in marketing, but it's been said many times, "Nothing sucks like a Hoover."

Have a good week,
Hoover.

Buhryein

Such is life in the executive level. Go get a MBA and work your way up and it could be you. Just like CHEAP stock options, corporate jet privileges and great seats to sporting events.

Is this what we are taking about? You can justify it all you want, I just call it like I see it.

Original post asked about a possible bonus for working during the pandemic.

I pointed out the only bonus was a half mil given to a CFO while Frontline workers were told hazard pay wasn't an option. But hey we got #fedexstrong swag 🤷🏻‍♂️

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The guy is retiring end of this year, besides that my point is you can tell your Frontline workers we can't do anything for you because we're losing money because of the pandemic. Then at the same time give a single person a cash bonus like that for a job well done during the same pandemic.

THE NERVE!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
THE NERVE!
Exactly. Giving bonuses to executives at this time is like a slap in the face to the people who are risking their lives and the lives of their families every fricking day going to work. Especially when they are only getting trinkets and it tshirts to pacify them. Don’t you think that would rightfully cause hard feelings?

59 Dano

I will worry about it when the news comes out, however saying you can't give hazard pay but you can give half a million cash bonus is what we were talking about here.

OK, let's give all hourlies an extra dollar an hour, retroactive to the first week of July. For 25,000 FT employees (and there are more FT employees than that), it would be an expense well over $25,000,000 for the year. That doesn't include any OT or other related expenses, nor does it include anything for PT employees.

59 Dano

Exactly. Giving bonuses to executives at this time is like a slap in the face to the people who are risking their lives and the lives of their families every fricking day going to work. Especially when they are only getting trinkets and it tshirts to pacify them. Don’t you think that would rightfully cause hard feelings?

What are you entitled to that you aren't getting? Be specific and provide a quantitative justification.

Graf's actions made a few million dollars' worth of difference to the bottom line.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
What are you entitled to that you aren't getting? Be specific and provide a quantitative justification.

Graf's actions made a few million dollars' worth of difference to the bottom line.
Why do you always discount the value of hourly employees? You always respond with derision when speaking of hourlies as if we’re no more than a hindrance to you doing your job.

Buhryein

OK, let's give all hourlies an extra dollar an hour, retroactive to the first week of July. For 25,000 FT employees (and there are more FT employees than that), it would be an expense well over $25,000,000 for the year. That doesn't include any OT or other related expenses, nor does it include anything for PT employees.

Ok but many other companies did exactly that.... besides, again that's not what I said. My point was the company is going out of their way to inform us how they are hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic, meanwhile they give half a million dollars to one person because of their performance during said pandemic it just doesn't look good.

Would appreciate people not quoting my comments, then replying to me while obviously not looking at what I said in the first place. Just reply and say what you want but what you're saying isn't in response to what my post was.

MAKAVELI

And your point is. Btw UPS gets their scheduled raises, regardless of covid-19.

floridays

No, let's just rescind Graf's windfall and admit it sent a bad message to front line employees.
Problem solved, no one's panties in a wad ...... except Graf.
He'll be fine on Long Boat Key.

floridays

You really aren't very intelligent.
Without the work of the hands that touch boxes Graf would have no ability to display his financial "genius."

You brought up the term, "entitled."
Was Graf entitled?
Was he merely performing a job he is compensated nearly five million a year to perform.

Exactly which is it?