C19 pay

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
He performed far beyond expectations in conditions that no one has ever faced before when he could have easily half-assed it and made excuses as he coasted into retirement at the end of the year.
Does the same standard apply to all employees of Express, that performing beyond expectations deserves a similar reward?

AB831

Sure they do but they exist in different worlds. They aren't motivated by the same things, they don't look at things the same way, they don't look at the same things, they don't answer to the same people, their decisions don't carry the same weight, the consequences of their decisions aren't the same, their obligations to the employer aren't the same. Probably better to say that one group has an iron (or irons) in a fire and the other group has an iron (or irons) in a different fire.
Oh please. 99% of the salaried employees’ “decisions” are how high they want to leap when Fat Freddy tells them to jump.

Lordtekk

I'd bet if you started at 15 you aren't sniffing top pay.
What gives, where's the lie?
In 1988 top pay was 15.03 in NYC. So highly unlikely he started at 15 an hour or is a 32 year employee. Top of the range back then took 1.5 -2 years. I am a 32 year employee that's how I know.

vantexan

I would take $50 any day and be happy I got it. Most of the others on here, no chance.
On the lowest payscale I got a 2% raise on $16.10hr one year. That was in a string of 2% raises plus one year no raise. Top out got 3% on higher pay. I got 32 cents, they got 72 cents if I remember right. At that point I was back about 12 or 13 years as a rehire. If you can't see why many of your fellow employees were and are dissatisfied while you enjoyed the perks of topping out very quickly decades ago then you're just not bright enough to argue with.

MAKAVELI

On the lowest payscale I got a 2% raise on $16.10hr one year. That was in a string of 2% raises plus one year no raise. Top out got 3% on higher pay. I got 32 cents, they got 72 cents if I remember right. At that point I was back about 12 or 13 years as a rehire. If you can't see why many of your fellow employees were and are dissatisfied while you enjoyed the perks of topping out very quickly decades ago then you're just not bright enough to argue with.
I personally think one of the reasoning for that differential between topped out and non topped out was to create division among employees and limit any union organizing.

vantexan

I personally think one of the reasoning for that differential between topped out and non topped out was to create division among employees and limit any union organizing.
Possibly so. I know a lot of topped out employees I talked to weren't interested in a union at all.

McFeely

Huge Member
Lol last time I got a bz, all I got was a piece of paper. Not sure they even give out $50 any more.

I actually got the $50 a couple of months ago from a BZ. Not sure what it was for since my manager didn't tell me, but it was definitely on my paycheck.

Surprised the hell outta me though, I hadn't heard of any BZs at my station in about a year.

falcon back

You just proved my point. LOL