C19 pay

floridays

Be specific and provide a quantitative justification.
You demand something you never give.
You have never responded to one of my posts in that manner.

You made a claim, I'm still waiting for a citation from a Federal Appeals Court'
Before you attempt to slime around as you do, post a Federal Appeal Court Decision pertaining to the subject matter we argued.

For good measure cite the ruling that was appealed.

Fuzzy Brown

Have not seen or heard anything but wondered if anyone has concerning bonus for working during pandemic. Been with a Fed 32 yrs now so well aware how tight they are with us drivers. Even Wal Mart has paid out one billion overall in bonuses to employees. Not huge sum per person but better than nothing.

They issued those cool #FedExStrong masks, isn’t that enough?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Why do you always discount the value of hourly employees? You always respond with derision when speaking of hourlies as if we’re no more than a hindrance to you doing your job.

I don't discount the value of the hourly, but let's not kid ourselves here. It's not like you stormed the beaches of Normandy. You, like me, your peers, and everyone else, did your job.

59 Dano

Ok but many other companies did exactly that.... besides, again that's not what I said. My point was the company is going out of their way to inform us how they are hemorrhaging money because of the pandemic, meanwhile they give half a million dollars to one person because of their performance during said pandemic it just doesn't look good.

If one person makes a difference of a few million dollars above and beyond what anyone expects, what is the proper response?

59 Dano

No, let's just rescind Graf's windfall and admit it sent a bad message to front line employees.
Problem solved, no one's panties in a wad ...... except Graf.
He'll be fine on Long Boat Key.

Here's how big Graf's bonus is: if the amount of his bonus had been distributed equally among front line employees, they wouldn't even notice.

59 Dano

You really aren't very intelligent.
Without the work of the hands that touch boxes Graf would have no ability to display his financial "genius."

🙄

You brought up the term, "entitled."
Was Graf entitled?
Was he merely performing a job he is compensated nearly five million a year to perform.

Exactly which is it?

He's not entitled to anything. He earned that bonus.

59 Dano

You demand something you never give.
You have never responded to one of my posts in that manner.

You made a claim, I'm still waiting for a citation from a Federal Appeals Court'
Before you attempt to slime around as you do, post a Federal Appeal Court Decision pertaining to the subject matter we argued.

For good measure cite the ruling that was appealed.

UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, INC., Petitioner, v. NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD, Respondent, International Brotherhood of Teamsters and Teamsters UPS National Negotiating Committee, Intervenors.
No. 95-1469.
Decided: August 20, 1996

The court recognized that Express is properly covered under the RLA (and explained why, citing even more court cases) and that UPS, who had petitioned to be given RLA coverage, should not.

Given the vast resources at your disposal and the ease with which they can be accessed, why are you still so unable to intellectually accept such a simple concept?

Buhryein

I don't discount the value of the hourly, but let's not kid ourselves here. It's not like you stormed the beaches of Normandy. You, like me, your peers, and everyone else, did your job.

Kinda like the CFO... lol dude I don't always disagree with what you say, but man you like to pick and choose snippets here and there to try and make your points.

59 Dano

And hourlies had their 10 step program suspended. Not like they don't have an iron in this fire.

Sure they do but they exist in different worlds. They aren't motivated by the same things, they don't look at things the same way, they don't look at the same things, they don't answer to the same people, their decisions don't carry the same weight, the consequences of their decisions aren't the same, their obligations to the employer aren't the same. Probably better to say that one group has an iron (or irons) in a fire and the other group has an iron (or irons) in a different fire.