California Considering Socialized Medicine, Massive New Taxes To Pay For It

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Around $12,500 each family will have to shell out if this goes into effect. Also a payroll tax and a gross receipts tax.

Wally

I wonder how it will apply to employees already under private coverage? Will TeamCare be canceled?

Also prices have to go up for everything in CA as the cost of this bill is passed on.

Last edited:

rickyb

ok i earn about $30 /hr excluding pension and no benefits. i think full time after taxes take home is $1800. and thats with free healthcare.

rickyb

I wonder how it will apply to employees already under private coverage? Will TeamCare be canceled?

Also prices have to go up for everything in CA as the cost of this bill is passed on.
this could be better for industry depending on how they do it. bc it lowers the cost of employees since the healthcare is paid for by govt.

rod

Retired 22 years

You know darn well if free medical services are offered TeamCare will pull out.

rickyb

And where do you suppose they get that money?
america is a unique system i think because of its reserve currency. michael hudson dives into it. i think he said other rich countries fund your wars but i forget exactly how.

deficits. voting on spending. taxation. printing money.

the idea of what i was saying is if cost of doing business is cheap, then industry can compete against other countries. but if your cost of doing business is high bc of high housing, high college costs, high healthcare costs, high transit costs, then you wont be able to compete. this is how america originally developed and many other countries. now your economics schools practice junk economics. its propaganda.

Wally

this could be better for industry depending on how they do it. bc it lowers the cost of employees since the healthcare is paid for by govt.
So you think businesses will just sit there and take it? They will raise prices, reorganize, especially small businesses near the 50 employee mark.

rod

Retired 22 years
america is a unique system i think because of its reserve currency. michael hudson dives into it. i think he said other rich countries fund your wars but i forget exactly how.

deficits. voting on spending. taxation. printing money.

the idea of what i was saying is if cost of doing business is cheap, then industry can compete against other countries. but if your cost of doing business is high bc of high housing, high college costs, high healthcare costs, high transit costs, then you wont be able to compete. this is how america originally developed and many other countries. now your economics schools practice junk economics. its propaganda.
I'll let you in on a little secret---we have no "reserve currency" --all we have is print more money.