California Considering Socialized Medicine, Massive New Taxes To Pay For It

rickyb

Reagan was a supporter of if a person shows up at an emergency room with a medical emergency he shouldn't be denied treatment if he can't pay. That's been the standard in this country for a very long time. But a long way from universal health care.
i wouldnt expect any less from him....actually i would

vantexan

That is a lot different from people with no insurance flooding emergency rooms when there is no emergency
Which has been a major issue with illegals. Activists coach them on going to emergency rooms for everything, even taking ambulance rides. A lot of hospitals have shut down ER's because of this.

oldngray

nowhere special
Which has been a major issue with illegals. Activists coach them on going to emergency rooms for everything, even taking ambulance rides. A lot of hospitals have shut down ER's because of this.
You can go to the ER bleeding all over the place and they are backed up by things like moms bringing int their kids with the sniffles. Or people trying to score a prescription for some drugs.

rickyb

an american youtuber who claimed to have a good healthcare plan went to ER briefly, was prescribed some meds, and left with 3000 bill...

Mutineer

That is a lot different from people with no insurance flooding emergency rooms when there is no emergency
That, people who are ESL, and drug addicts/seekers are exactly what the emergency rooms appear to be chock full of in the hospitals I have observed in California.

Mutineer

Triage and non emergency patients get sent home.
Yes. After they have squandered the time of a medical professional for the diagnosis of indigestion, pregnancy, a long-ignored STD, or athlete's foot.

That is the bulk of the ailments that are clogging up emergency rooms in California.

rickyb

my parents paid $5000 total mostly for optometry, dental, some physio, not sure what else, this year.

they have no insurance, this is what hte govt doesnt cover.