California lawsuit settlement rumor

tieguy

Banned
It's been 7 days since I asked two direct questions of a certain poster that doesn't have the guts to give direct answers to said questions.

11 and 10 now trp.

sorry your panties are getting all bunched up but You still have to support your statement that I accuse 90 percent of all new posters of being trolls. I dropped the number you had to prove down to 10 percent yet you still have not produced. You then tried to defend your unprovoked attack in defense of trolls by doing the whats wrong with trolls routine.

you first honey buns.

pretzel_man

Well, sorry it took me so long to re-post. Next time I'll try to be quicker. I'm a preload full-time supervisor and I don't check this EVERY DAY!!

I'm still waiting on someone to refute the evidence I posted. Ok, tie, the counter is back to zero days.

As far as I know, UPS never tried to pretend this didn't happen. Aside from that, the post is accurate.

Of course, what you posted is a statement from the law firm that stands a lot to gain from this case and the others that were filed.

From my perspective, this is a BS California case. Its not the first.

The claim is that these supervisors are hourly employees, not part of management. I think it was originally filed back in 2005.

P-Man

tieguy

Banned
Well, sorry it took me so long to re-post. Next time I'll try to be quicker. I'm a preload full-time supervisor and I don't check this EVERY DAY!!

I'm still waiting on someone to refute the evidence I posted. Ok, tie, the counter is back to zero days.

back to zero? are you admitting to being both trolls?

tieguy

Banned
Oh Nay Nay sweat cheeks, I ask you two questions before I ever mentioned a % of anything, You answer first and then I might address YOUR questions.

my you are obsessed. 10 percent there tex. You said I accuse 90 percent of the new posters here of being trolls. I asked you to prove I do so to 10 percent. Put an iron to those panties and cough up the goods.

12 days on troll number 1 now unless number 2 posted as both which is possible.

I would also like to go on record for our next big blow up that once again you and your girlfriend jumped onto this thread to defend the trolls when you really had no reason to do so.

Lets go have a golly gee ain't you great for hitting 600 posts for your girlfriend now while I wait for you two to gang up on me the next time....:)

UPS Lifer

first poster has two post to his credit with the same question. Second poster has one.

I think we have our first double troll alert.

I thought the same thing as you Tie. The first poster talks about harassment - I don't know anything about that!

The second poster has referenced a case that was settled. I read about it and it stuck in my mind because the law firm who represented UPS has contacted me through my former district HR manager.

The class action lawsuit for full-time supervisors regarding salary vs overtime was thrown out, BUT the court opened the door on individual lawsuits by each supervisor based on the merits.

Three supervisors who have worked for me have filed lawsuits and I have been contacted by the law firm representing UPS out of LA and San Francisco to make a declaration for a summary judgment in those cases. I should state also that these are all seasoned supervisors who have worked for many different managers over their career.

This is oversimplifying it but it will give you an approximation of what the lawsuit would entail.

Basically, the supervisors have to prove that they were/are nothing more than following direction for the company and should be paid for overtime and additional meal time for hours worked. (non-exempt)

The UPS lawyers would argue that the supervisors are exempt employees and do not fall under the California guidelines for non-exempt status.
The company would have to show that their job description entails making decisions and performing tasks that qualify the employee for exempt status. (The supervisors get paid a salary and no overtime)

I will not comment about the specifics of cases I am involved in but I can see that there are merits on an individual basis where a supervisor may be able to show cause for non-exempt status.

Also, I did not ask how many cases are pending. I can tell you that I have been involved with this process since last February and the cases are only at the summary judgment stage as I write this.

my you are obsessed. 10 percent there tex. You said I accuse 90 percent of the new posters here of being trolls. I asked you to prove I do so to 10 percent. Put an iron to those panties and cough up the goods.

12 days on troll number 1 now unless number 2 posted as both which is possible.

I would also like to go on record for our next big blow up that once again you and your girlfriend jumped onto this thread to defend the trolls when you really had no reason to do so.

Lets go have a golly gee ain't you great for hitting 600 posts for your girlfriend now while I wait for you two to gang up on me the next time....:)
All I want is for you to answer two simple questions I asked you in my first post on this thread. Other than that I really have no interest at all in addressing anything else you say before that point.
It's really simple, answer the questions and we can move on.

Just want an answer to the questions from you.

Although, I am wondering how long it's gonna take before you start a poll. LOL