Call Out Thread

Dhydratd

I can count on one hand how many times I've called out in the past 10 years. My parents raised me to have good work ethics. I call out only when I'm sick to the point of physically not being able to work. As much as I hated my job over the years, I have a responsibility to report to work when I am scheduled.

UPSER1987

Anyone responding to this thread because they called out is weak af. Dumb thread. OP is probably one of those that everyone is glad called in- how brave of you.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can count on one hand how many times I've called out in the last 6 months...
I could count on one had how many times I called out in 30 years on one hand--not counting when I went off for 2 month for a back injury.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I could count on one had how many times I called out in 30 years on one hand--not counting when I went off for 2 month for a back injury.
I remember an old time manager telling me how he had never called in sick his entire career, and when he needed knee surgery he scheduled it during his vacation. He was a good guy and all, but I never really got why he thought that was such a big deal. The company sure as hell didn't care I can tell you that, the day after he retired they forgot all about him. If I need a day off I take a day off, it's just that simple.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Lucky you, In under two years I called out for:
Shoulder - 1 day + taw
Ankle - 3 days
Flu - another 3 days
and somehow I still have a better track record than ~%80 of preload.

This b* of a preload sup came out and told me I had called out 7 days and don't deserve my vacation selections.

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember an old time manager telling me how he had never called in sick his entire career, and when he needed knee surgery he scheduled it during his vacation. He was a good guy and all, but I never really got why he thought that was such a big deal. The company sure as hell didn't care I can tell you that, the day after he retired they forgot all about him. If I need a day off I take a day off, it's just that simple.

I guess its all in the way a person is raised. My dad always told me if you want to act like a man at night then act like a man in the morning. He was referring to going out on the town at night and calling in sick the next morning. He ran his own small business and could see the harm a person calling in sick on a regular basis could do.

Indecisi0n

I guess its all in the way a person is raised. My dad always told me if you want to act like a man at night then act like a man in the morning. He was referring to going out on the town at night and calling in sick the next morning. He ran his own small business and could see the harm a person calling in sick on a regular basis could do.
I was always taught if you want to be a man to surround yourself with men. I consider myself very manly.

Superteeth2478

You won't get many people reporting the times they call out in this thread from my hub...but that's not because the attendance is great, but because the vast majority don't even call in.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This thread is for when you call off. It's for letting people know they aren't alone when they want to call off and when they see that other people do it they will have the courage to do it too. Post in this thread whenever you call off.
I called off twice this week (yesterday and today)
Sometimes I call out well.