Call Out Thread

Superteeth2478

I called in this Wednesday because I couldn't get the garage door opened because the tensioner spring broke on the opener. And yes, I tried disconnecting it from the opener and opening it manually. I couldn't budge it. As good an excuse as any to not show up...

BiggieBrown

I called in this Wednesday because I couldn't get the garage door opened because the tensioner spring broke on the opener. And yes, I tried disconnecting it from the opener and opening it manually. I couldn't budge it. As good an excuse as any to not show up...

Couldn't you have just drove through it?
I mean it was already broken anyways.

s berry

upsman in st.louis here, whats the deal with all the package drivers with beards now, is it all over the country, or, are we trendsetters

Indecisi0n

I would have drove to your house and picked you up .

BiggieBrown

Easiest way to get in trouble at ups is to be an attendance problem. Union can only help you so many times. You sound like you’re already in warning letter territory. Be careful. Doesn’t matter if you’re the best ever.

I keep thinking that too but no one has said :censored2: to me yet.
I've called off a lot already probably over 10 times and they haven't even made a single peep.
Every day when I come back in after having called off my sup just looks at me and says what's up and that's it.
It's funny because this other guy that works on our shift that has been there 14 years called off one time and they made a big deal out of it and made him get a doctor's note. But on the other hand he barely does anything while he is there so that might be why they brought the hammer down on him while they haven't said anything to me yet.

Superteeth2478

I've called off a lot already probably over 10 times and they haven't even made a single peep.
Every day when I come back in after having called off my sup just looks at me and says what's up and that's it.
It's funny because this other guy that works on our shift that has been there 14 years called off one time and they made a big deal out of it and made him get a doctor's note. But on the other hand he barely does anything while he is there so that might be why they brought the hammer down on him while they haven't said anything to me yet.
Usually it's quite the other way around. It's possible that you're the exception, but it's usually the useless ones they won't bother if they call in (or no call no show) multiple times, and the useful ones that cause the operation to suffer to some extent when they miss a day that they bug about missing a day occasionally.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Building a paper trail of call offs, when you stop being a so called good employee you will reap what you have sown.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I'm a union employee they can't arbitrarily fire me for call offs without discipline first.
Wont be hard when you keep calling off every week at this rate, plus any little infraction can be used against you whether its misloads or not working as directed so good luck.

RolloTony Brown Town

I'm a union employee they can't arbitrarily fire me for call offs without discipline first.

You’ve called off 5 days in 2 weeks. They could put you on warning letter next week. That thing sticks for 9 months. You call out one time in 9 months and now you’re on a suspension. Notice of suspension stays on record for a year. Then they can start looking to term you next time you’re calling out.

Don’t be stupid. Absenteeism and tardiness are the easiest ways to be disciplined. The union will fight for you but there’s only so much they can do.

BiggieBrown

What's the rule for getting your holiday pay?
Is it you have to work the day before and after the holiday?
I called out today and yesterday so I just want to be sure I'm still getting it.