Called into the office

Whither

Scofflaw
Recently got called into the office and, in the presence of a stew, showered with compliments for a series of 'outstanding' observations over the last few months. On-car couldn't stop raving about my use of the methods. I was baffled, as if we had entered the twilight zone -- 'wait, this is still UPS, right?', and chuckling about it all day long. Not just 1 sup, but before I left the building all the other on-cars in my center came up and offered praise. Wild.

For the cowards who say you get a 'target on your back' for filing grieves, let it be known I had just filed my 5th grieve in the last 5 months, and still have less than 1 year seniority, and when disciplined for late air on a route I'd never run before (wo delivering any ground!), and later, sternly reprimanded and asked to answer for a miniscule tier 1 after months of getting forced into exhausting 6 day workweeks, I've not shied from calling em like I see em.

*Disclaimer: I still don't trust mgmt lol.

Whither

Scofflaw
The "target on your back" led to the "observations over the last few months". Kudos on using the methods and for running straight air on an unfamiliar area.

Maybe. And yes, it would be silly not to use the methods. For the most part, they do work. For example, if you really use 3 points of contact as the feeder drivers, it makes an obvious difference.

Whither

Scofflaw
Joe Unions like to talk smack about the DOK but the basic principles do work both on the job, in your personal vehicle and while working around the house.

I think the smack is more directed to the critique of rote learning vs. habitual doing. It's easy to imagine a driver who wouldn't be able to recite the bible of driving but, when driving, observes the rules to a T.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
They do the same for me man, I’m in the beginning of year 3 RPCD. I too have filed 3 successful 9.5 grievances and never volunteer for jack, I refuse to break a sweat unless absolutely necessary, never let them jerk me around....I just want to put in a good safe honest days work and they know that and never bother me about poor performance or anything.
You have to remember that most 0-4 guys are the accident makers who cause them serious headaches and probably affect their performance bonuses. My theory is that they simply appreciate my area knowledge and the fact that I don’t mess up their safety goals. I get slammed my 2 days like everybody else on the list but other than that they leave me alone

Whither

Scofflaw
Very well done then sir, you should be alright if you understand the game this early in your career.

Consider this a BC appreciation post -- I've learned a lot scouring the forums here. I didn't think I'd learn how to get mgmt to tell me to get a stew, they need to talk w me, and then hear how well I'm doing lmfao!

Whither

Scofflaw
I just want to put in a good safe honest days work and they know that and never bother me about poor performance or anything.

On that note, a few weeks back I got back before 1800 on an industrial route -- pretty light load -- I'd never run before. All day the usual search for the delivery and pickup points -- is it dock door 84, 85, 86, 87, or the office, or who knows. I got back and the OMS clerk says, "Why is it you kill every route you run?!" I laughed, knowing I hadn't 'killed it' at all and sure enough, had a look next day and the time study's opinion was I had run it 1.6hrs overallowed. Lmao.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'm sure it's fine but sometimes I feel me and the managers are playing an extra dimension of chess where acknowledging the worker's use of methods might possibly undermine them some panic. Sort of like "good job, now keep it up forever"

Whither

Scofflaw
I'm sure it's fine but sometimes I feel me and the managers are playing an extra dimension of chess where acknowledging the worker's use of methods might possibly undermine them some panic. Sort of like "good job, now keep it up forever"

Nah, I wouldn't worry that much. Just do your job, use your union protections. Everyone has exceptions lol, the company not least.