calling in sick on a holiday

tritese

tritese
no team in tritese when i constantly get screwed by coworkers who lay out at least once a month while i am at work every day. no discipline for them jokers either. if i wanted christmas eve off then i would call in too, not like the good old days, when we did work as a team. these folks i work with are too busy telling on each other, etc. major a** kissers!! so, if i don't look out for myself then no one else will....

New Englander

no team in tritese when i constantly get screwed by coworkers who lay out at least once a month while i am at work every day. no discipline for them jokers either. if i wanted christmas eve off then i would call in too, not like the good old days, when we did work as a team. these folks i work with are too busy telling on each other, etc. major a** kissers!! so, if i don't look out for myself then no one else will....

The good old days probably would have gotten your arse dragged around the back of the building the following shift.

chopstic

I dont have a copy of the contract in front of me right now, but does it use the term "sick" to describe a sick day? because sick is subjective term, it may mean physically ill to one person, but to me it could just mean "sick of working".....

or maybe i might just feel physically ill of working.... who's to say I do not?

some1else

Banned
when we use a sick day are we required to say why? i always call 1hr before and just say "good morning, my name, im taking a sickday today, and goodbye"

i dont think the employer is allowed to quiz us on our medical conditions are they?

some1else

Banned
well if youre taking a sickday and youre not actually sick and youre seen at the ball game or whatev its an integrity issue

what if i have aids and i cut my finger and dont want to get blood on the diad pen and hand it to people? my sick days are my business

drewed

Shankman
Ok the point I was trying to make, if you have something planned, you should ask to have the day off and have your sick bank charged for it bc if you say oh im sick and had baseball tickets and went, its lying

some1else

Banned
thats what i always say "im taking a sick day" its none of their business why.

i might have hemorrhoids and not feel like driving a p80 that was built in 1983 all day. perhaps to feel better i will take a walk and a supervisor sees me should i have to explain to him whats going on around my rectum?

>>Article 37.

The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in
the performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with
dignity and respect at all times...

>>

does asking me about any possible medical conditions fit with that language?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
thats what i always say "im taking a sick day" its none of their business why.

i might have hemorrhoids and not feel like driving a p80 that was built in 1983 all day. perhaps to feel better i will take a walk and a supervisor sees me should i have to explain to him whats going on around my rectum?

>>Article 37.

The Employer shall not in any way intimidate, harass, coerce or overly supervise any employee in
the performance of his or her duties. The Employer will treat employees with
dignity and respect at all times...

>>

does asking me about any possible medical conditions fit with that language?

You meant Doodies, right? LOL

IDoLessWorkThanMost

When you're sick, you're sick, right? How can it be proved? Come over to your house? Well, it's been done before, although now not allowed.

We had driver yrs ago that habitually called in, usually on Fri. Hmm...had girlfriend that worked at bar. Hmmm....maybe we'll just stop by the bar. Well, whadya know? There he is! Bingo! Suspension. For calling in? No. For telling a falsehood, a lie! He called in sick and there he was!

Many more situations similar. Just be mindful, as others have stated, this is the wrong company to work for if you want a life. You signed up for airport operations knowing that holidays were included. Not to be harsh or uncaring here but if you or your "friend" do not want to work what is required, then maybe it's time to find a 9-5, Mon-Fri, no-holiday job.

This is why you don't call in, anything. If you book off, you book off.

"Hi this is so-and-so, booking off Monday October 27th. Thank you. Click"