Calling in unavailable an hour before 6th punch.

Cowboy Mac

Why do you spread misinformation?
Ok Zuckerberg, how is that misinformation? If you have a medical problem that happens consistently that stops you from being able to drive, the company can make you get that checked out and get cleared before coming back to work.

So my point is that while you can legally use fatigue as an excuse to not work, you probably don’t want to do that, say, every Saturday, or only on Saturdays.

Cowboy Mac

Literally everything you said is incorrect
I have seen it happen in a slightly different situation. Driver gets into accident. Blames medical condition for accident. Company says we need you to get cleared before coming back so this doesn’t happen again. It’s not a stretch to say they could do that for fatigue.

deeztier

Ok Zuckerberg, how is that misinformation? If you have a medical problem that happens consistently that stops you from being able to drive, the company can make you get that checked out and get cleared before coming back to work.

So my point is that while you can legally use fatigue as an excuse to not work, you probably don’t want to do that, say, every Saturday, or only on Saturdays.
the company would rather lose an employee that's working his scheduled week without an attendance issue, because he can't show up for a 6th punch? got it.

where's that WHO overtime kills article at haha

ManInBrown

Making drivers work a 6th punch in summer heat without helpers is beyond reckless. I used to get absolutely buried at peak. 12-13 hour days M-friend. They’d send my loop partners help if it was available but I never received any help to even get done early once a week, because I was a 9.5 driver and filed every time I was violated. Peak for them was their chance for payback. They didn’t care if I brought back 50 missed every day. Their only goal was to bury me. By Wednesday afternoon I was running on fumes. And that was with a helper. It’s flat out dangerous to try to force someone to work a 6th punch, in the heat, week after week after week. And that’s not even including the risk of injuries from being overworked combined with fatigue.

Last edited:

Hot Carl

Making drivers work a 6th punch in summer heat without helpers is beyond reckless. I used to get absolutely buried at peak. 12-13 hour days M-friend. They’d send my loop partners help if it was available but I never received any help to even get done early once a week, because I was a 9.5 driver and filed every time I was violated. Peak for them was their chance for payback. They didn’t care if I brought back 50 missed every day. Their only goal was to bury me. By Wednesday afternoon I was running on fumes. And that was with a helper. It’s flat out dangerous to try to force someone to work a 6th punch, in the heat, week after week after week. And that’s not even including the risk of injuries from being overworked combined with fatigue.
One single day off in between 50+ hour weeks is flat out not enough time for the body to adequately recover. And week after week, month after month, it's basically a peak that never ends. In our center injuries are up, accidents are up, and it's only a matter of time before something worse happens.

You reap what you sow.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
One single day off in between 50+ hour weeks is flat out not enough time for the body to adequately recover. And week after week, month after month, it's basically a peak that never ends. In our center injuries are up, accidents are up, and it's only a matter of time before something worse happens.

You reap what you sow.
And it’s contract season!!!! I think UPS friend’ed up by letting covid peak leak into negotiation time. We are all tired and grouchy, if not injured and already on the sidelines. Over 10% of our drivers are on comp right now 🤯

UPSER1987

You sound pretty weak minded. On fumes by Wednesday afternoon lol. What a wuss!

quad decade guy

Every Saturday during my career I had hours available.
Never worked a Saturday in my career.

So you are still wrong.

Please stop with your misinformation.

Go fly your Twin Otter
And so?
Your experience doesn't mean anything except to you. My experience was different....so you are still wrong. Stop spreading misinformation.

I wish I had a twin otter.

We have drivers here that have been issued 1 and even 3 day suspensions for calling in Saturday. They have never actually served those suspensions though. I know a guy that files harassment grievances every time they write him up for a Saturday occurrence. There’s another dude who straight up ignores the Saturday force in list. Doesn’t even call in just says he won’t be there. He’s been doing that for as long as I can remember and they haven’t fired him.

If you like your time off then stand your ground, I highly doubt the union will let the company terminate someone for Saturday occurrences. The contract is to blame for these forced 6th punches. 22.4 drivers are Tues-Sat, many hubs/centers don’t have enough of them to cover their volume on Saturdays. Therefore they have to force RPCD’s in. People that didn’t vote on the contract are complaining about being forced in on Saturday, it’s hilarious.
We are doing the same thing every RPCD that is forced in they file for 22.4s don't being used properly and then on Mondays every 22.4 is filing for being forced to work.

quad decade guy

All your OPINION.....

And you don't run the company. Sounds like you need to find another job...I work 60 hour weeks every week.