cameras

MassWineGuy

No recent mention on this where I work. They announced it at least a year ago.

According to what I’ve read on trade and camera manufacturer websites, the cameras don’t constantly record. At least not the one facing you. Or so they claim. If you hit something, brake hard or (I’d guess) drive over a big pothole or a curb, it transmits images of the past 45 seconds.

However, any manager can turn cameras on to “test” them. Given the workload of my managers, this doesn’t worry me.

Has anyone yet been forced to sign something?

It will be fine

No recent mention on this where I work. They announced it at least a year ago.

According to what I’ve read on trade and camera manufacturer websites, the cameras don’t constantly record. At least not the one facing you. Or so they claim. If you hit something, brake hard or (I’d guess) drive over a big pothole or a curb, it transmits images of the past 45 seconds.

However, any manager can turn cameras on to “test” them. Given the workload of my managers, this doesn’t worry me.

Has anyone yet been forced to sign something?
Mine has a memory card that records constantly but it only stores a day or two and then rewrites over it. If I need video from a specific event I have to download it the next day at the latest.

Stat41

You have no right to or expectation of privacy while you’re on the clock using company equipment.
I made no mention of rights or an expectation of privacy. What I said was my privacy matters to me and as a grown adult I do not need a nanny cam. I think we can both agree on that.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I made no mention of rights or an expectation of privacy. What I said was my privacy matters to me and as a grown adult I do not need a nanny cam. I think we can both agree on that.
I know I sure agree with that! It seems as if the more that idiots screw up, the more the rest of us have to suffer because of it.

MassWineGuy

Yes, I understood. But your privacy doesn’t exist at work. I don’t like it, either, but I’ll stay until I find another job.

McFeely

Huge Member
glad I'm nearly out and done. 18 months max. will take home more in SS than I make in a month here

My annual SS statement is getting high enough (and my 401k + IRAs) that I’m starting to count down the years to when I can just bail on a full time gig. Hoping for 55.

Nolimitz

not sure why Dezguy "beered" me but I had a real job before FedEx that far out paced my earnings over the last 11 years at this :censored2: hole.
nearly at full age for SS

dezguy

not sure why Dezguy "beered" me but I had a real job before FedEx that far out paced my earnings over the last 11 years at this * hole.
nearly at full age for SS
Beer'd you for being nearly done. I see the light at the end of the tunnel myself but I'm not nearly as close as you.

Do you guys not congratulate people with beer down there? 🤨

McFeely

Huge Member
Beer'd you for being nearly done. I see the light at the end of the tunnel myself but I'm not nearly as close as you.

Hell I beer people for anything. Would happily buy any of y’all a beer in person if you made it to Colorado.

Nolimitz

Stop by any time. lots of local micro's here. I tend to think of the beer icon as a "who gives a :censored2:" or some such