Can't decide to vote yes or no

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Some locals in the west (like mine) have that as their healthcare. There are some good upgrades and I was curious if you were in it too.

If everybody in the other regions or conferences had the same Pension and or Health and Welfare benefits as you have in the West I would vote "yes" too.

I can see you point of view now, thanks for the clarification.

born2Bwild

Never like before where the company and the union are working hard to pass the contract. The company.. I understand but the Union? IMHO it’s shame that the union leadership are pushing hard for it and it’s only exposing their corruption ever more.

F

Frankie's Friend

well if your in my region then you do too.

Your clueless.

I told you 3 times its the same in 2018. I realize the vote no guys have terrible comprehension. Hopefully you got it this time.
My #1 issue with this job is too many hours. I was hoping this contract would reduce my excessive overtime. I wanted absolute protection from over 60 hours. I don’t want to have to file and fight every time they don’t honor my 9.5. Basically, there will be no real improvements that matter with excessive OT, but at least nothing got worse.
You are always short drivers in your operation for what reason?

"They" as in your management?

We have over 1/3 of our ft drivers laid off on Fridays and Mondays after the heavy vacation period and at least 20% the rest of the yr except for peak.

Why does Lagoon come on here to blindly sell a contract to other region's posters when their language may not protect them?

I dont get it.

Chester

Under the current Contract, because there's no "If work is available" language. RPCDs will not be guaranteed 8 hours M-friend under the new language. Period. It's a fact. If you want 40 hours you'll probably be free to work long hours a few days of the week. If too many RPCDs want long hours those few days, the Company will fall back on the "If work is available" language for that purpose too.

Not always or at every location. Especially if in addition to huge route cuts on Monday due to heavy RPCD weekend routes, volume that might be delivered on Friday by a higher paid RPCD is held for delivery by a lower paid 22.4 on Saturday,

Not a chance. The Company has zero interest in lighter routes. They'll cut routes very hard on Mondays, and possibly Fridays. If a lower seniority RPCD wants their 40 hour guarantee they'll probably be welcome to work long days between Tuesday-Friday when "work is available", or maybe even Tuesday through Thursday if any Friday volume is held for Saturday.
“volume that might be delivered on Friday by a higher paid RPCD is held for delivery by a lower paid 22.4 on Saturday”, DUMBEST STATEMENT EVER

F

Frankie's Friend

Check his post history. He’s a ride or die JH & Co defender.
Members have a right to support or not support their TA. Every region has differences so why blindly degrade other members valid issues?
That's a brotherhood? Posting that "Vote No" people have a "terrible compression issue"? Ok.

People need to stick to the real facts. We have enough dissention.

LagunaBrown

Members have a right to support or not support their TA. Every region has differences so why blindly degrade other members valid issues?
That's a brotherhood? Posting that "Vote No" people have a "terrible compression issue"? Ok.

People need to stick to the real facts. We have enough dissention.
Why can you not comprehend we have guarantees? Do I really need to tell you guys 3 times before you believe me? Why can you not honor my rights if its good here? Just as a yes vote hurts your area a no vote hurts mine and as you said I have every right to support my TA.

Last edited:

jagger john

My #1 issue with this job is too many hours. I was hoping this contract would reduce my excessive overtime. I wanted absolute protection from over 60 hours. I don’t want to have to file and fight every time they don’t honor my 9.5. Basically, there will be no real improvements that matter with excessive OT, but at least nothing got worse.

I do not like the idea of 22.4s making less, with no protections. But ever since I’ve been here, the rookies have always been getting screwed, so no real change here. If anything, these newbs will make more $$ right off the bat. They can bid RPCD jobs, so they’re not stuck.

I don’t care about PT catch up raises. We all made chump change before we went full time. They’re not being hurt that new hires get $13. They would be happier if new hires still made $8.50. Worry about yourself.

I know UPS likes to over dispatch. I don’t think they are going to be lowering any stop counts due to 22.4s. But who knows, maybe they might. So a small possibility for improvement.

If anything, I worry RCPDs will have later start times due to 22.4s. Or other unforeseen consequences. So overall, I worry it will have a slightly negative effect. But who knows?

I don’t see a problem with the “as long as there is work available” language because we are scheduled M-friend and guaranteed 8 hrs. They never like to have enough drivers and I just can’t see layoffs on Mon happening. There would be a line out the door for “who wants a dead day?”

I’d be happy knowing I won’t be working any weekends. I am happy with the monetary details of the proposed contract.

TLDR - It’s not really a bad contract but I’m really disappointed the excessive OT problem wasn’t handled.

Leaning towards no but the more I think about it, swaying towards yes.

I do not like the idea of 22.4s making less, with no protections. But ever since I’ve been here, the rookies have always been getting screwed, so no real change here. If anything, these newbs will make more $$ right off the bat. They can bid RPCD jobs, so they’re not stuck.

I don’t care about PT catch up raises. We all made chump change before we went full time. They’re not being hurt that new hires get $13. They would be happier if new hires still made $8.50. Worry about yourself.

I know UPS likes to over dispatch. I don’t think they are going to be lowering any stop counts due to 22.4s. But who knows, maybe they might. So a small possibility for improvement.

If anything, I worry RCPDs will have later start times due to 22.4s. Or other unforeseen consequences. So overall, I worry it will have a slightly negative effect. But who knows?

I don’t see a problem with the “as long as there is work available” language because we are scheduled M-friend and guaranteed 8 hrs. They never like to have enough drivers and I just can’t see layoffs on Mon happening. There would be a line out the door for “who wants a dead day?”

I’d be happy knowing I won’t be working any weekends. I am happy with the monetary details of the proposed contract.

TLDR - It’s not really a bad contract but I’m really disappointed the excessive OT problem wasn’t handled.

Leaning towards no but the more I think about it, swaying towards yes.

Box Ox

Just as a yes vote hurts your area a no vote hurts mine.

We’ll see when your 2018 supplement/rider is released.

In the meantime, maybe you could tell your “friends” to just remove the “if work is available” wording in the National Master so no Teamster will be harmed by it. Shouldn’t be in there in the first place.