Can't decide to vote yes or no

Time for change

And the raises aren’t enough, worse than 2002 in this economy, with no real COLA raises, what a joke. We will vote no in large numbers. 12 cents in COLA the last 14 years, look at inflation, we aren’t as dumb as you think. Part time pay has regressed substantially since the 80’s. We should be moving forward not backwards. Can’t wait to vote

tadpole

Wrong, those that got hired when there wasn’t a raise in starting pay for over 20 years at 8.50 get screwed. We will vote, those not hired yet won’t, so we will see how it plays out. There will be more existing part timers voting than in any contract before.
It wasn’t an issue until they wanted to raise starting pay.

mikejonesjr

Wrong, those that got hired when there wasn’t a raise in starting pay for over 20 years at 8.50 get screwed. We will vote, those not hired yet won’t, so we will see how it plays out. There will be more existing part timers voting than in any contract before.
Those people hired at $8.50 got a raise after like 30 days..

Time for change

You’re right that brought them to 9. So in like 1985 someone got 8.50 and 2007 8.50. So yea someone hired in 2007 as part timer has gotten totally screwed. Now the next 20 years starting rate doubled. So you see why the part time no vote wave is coming. Then you had the “everyone is now skilled” scam and it’s why anger has mounted and the turnout will shock the IBT/company.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I’m getting really sick of hearing people assume centers will hold volume that would have been delivered Friday until Saturday
It makes no logical sense for ANYONE, so people should stop saying that it’s even a possibility, because it’s not.

ITS GOING ON NOW AND HAS BEEN GOING ON THE ENTIRE YEAR! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!?!?!

Now factor in them "advancing" loads that are guaranteed by Monday and Tues and you finally start to see the big picture!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are always short drivers in your operation for what reason?

"They" as in your management?

We have over 1/3 of our ft drivers laid off on Fridays and Mondays after the heavy vacation period and at least 20% the rest of the yr except for peak.

Why does Lagoon come on here to blindly sell a contract to other region's posters when their language may not protect them?

I dont get it.
Laguna Beach Ca. is a major office where many of the region folks reside at for UPS west coast operations..... how do we not know that @LagunaBrown isnt some suit trying to stir up things....??? It would not surprise me one single bit... obviously it’s going on here anyway with the influx of new posters and trolls....@cheryl should put @tonyexpress in a time out because I thought he was suppose to be on “whack a troll patrol” and they are running wild up in here!!!

LagunaBrown

Laguna Beach Ca. is a major office where many of the region folks reside at for UPS west coast operations..... how do we not know that @LagunaBrown isnt some suit trying to stir up things....??? It would not surprise me one single bit... obviously it’s going on here anyway with the influx of new posters and trolls....@cheryl should put @tonyexpress in a time out because I thought he was suppose to be on “whack a troll patrol” and they are running wild up in here!!!
Are you a conspiracy theorist or saying that because you don't like to hear what I am saying? Grow up.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
You should be reporting any troll activity. I can't and won't read all the posts here. :thumbup:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Are you a conspiracy theorist or saying that because you don't like to hear what I am saying? Grow up.
I’ve already read the national...I’ve made my mind up ...are you saying there isnt disinformation coming in from both sides???? And all you had to say was that you weren’t a mgt person.... it stops the conversation right there... so are you!?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I don’t care about PT catch up raises. We all made chump change before we went full time. ... Worry about yourself.

You're no teamster.

I'm a part timer. I make < 13 dollars right now. But I've put in 2 years, now. It is a problem that I'll be making the same as a brand new guy.

I've put in time, now. Others even more than me. I should be more valuable to UPS than someone off the street. I know my job, and I'm pretty darn good at it.

But this is the problem. $8.50 in 1985 is worth $20 today, by inflation.

Drivers screwed over PT employees for decades. So thank you.
Granted, PT people didn't vote enough. Which is our fault. Both sides are to blame.

But people like you are the problem. Hope you end up fired, someday, and the union won't get you your job back.

We're supposed to be a team, here. We all win together, or we all lose together.
It's a brotherhood. Or it was supposed to be.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Report posts that ought to be deleted. We'll delete them.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I’ve already read the national...I’ve made my mind up ...are you saying there isnt disinformation coming in from both sides???? And all you had to say was that you weren’t a mgt person.... it stops the conversation right there... so are you!?

Glad you're voting YES. Didn't want any disruption in the dividend payout. :lol:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Report posts that ought to be deleted. We'll delete them.
Roger that... @Gumby and @Future will try to keep the dam from bursting !!
9CC2E60E-76BD-4711-BDF4-53592C9CB11D.gif

Last edited: