Can't decide to vote yes or no

We’ll see when your 2018 supplement/rider is released.

In the meantime, maybe you could tell your “friends” to just remove the “if work is available” wording in the National Master so no Teamster will be harmed its implications. Shouldn’t be in there in the first place.
And don't forget to add in article 37 protection.

LagunaBrown

In the meantime, maybe you could tell your “friends” to just remove the “if work is available” wording in the National Master so no Teamster will be harmed by it. Shouldn’t be in there in the first place.
What did your Business Agent say about that? Did you even ask him?

Doubleparkedrunner

Article 2 section 2 in the NMA explains that language in riders rule. Talk to your Business Agent and he will explain. I am in west and have a 8 hour 5 day guarantee so that stuff he posted is :bsbullf: to me.

if it's such bull chit , then why don't they change the language to make it bulletproof?

there's a reason things are worded the way they are .

Time for change

You don’t care that 3 year part timers make same as someone coming off the street? That’s great way to be selfish and only worry about yourself and let down your supposed union brothers and sisters. Your hours don’t impact me but I would still want a good contract for you.

Box Ox

Well I think because your language never had a guarantee in the first place or you would not be making such a big deal about it. Am I right?

Were there locals whose full time drivers didn’t have 40 hour guarantees under the 2013 Contract or something?

F

Frankie's Friend

Why can you not comprehend we have guarantees? Do I really need to tell you guys 3 times before you believe me? Why can you not honor my rights if its good here? Just as a yes vote hurts your area a no vote hurts mine and as you said I have every right to support my TA.
I comprehend the whole thing. I don't comprehend your attitude towards people that don't have the same guarantee.

Should not your supplement cover you even if it's a mou?

Dollar Chasing

or maybe even Tuesday through Thursday if any Friday volume is held for Saturday.
I’m getting really sick of hearing people assume centers will hold volume that would have been delivered Friday until Saturday. This would be fraudulent number 1, and number 2, customers get an estimated delivery date for their package, which would say it should be delivered on Friday the 18th for example. When all of a sudden hundreds or thousands of packages PER CENTER say they’ll be delivered a day later, don’t you think customers will raise questions and complaints about it, causing UPS hundreds or thousands of issues PER CENTER? That’s not even mentioning that with our tracking system, customers can see exactly where their package is, so they would see that it arrived in a location and didn’t move, causing them to raise questions and complaints about why it didn’t. Just a couple of these incidents would cause bad customer relations, lost business, possible negative media attention, and possible fraud cases. No effing way UPS holds loads for Saturday. It makes no logical sense for ANYONE, so people should stop saying that it’s even a possibility, because it’s not.

LagunaBrown

I comprehend the whole thing. I don't comprehend your attitude towards people that don't have the same guarantee.

Should not your supplement cover you even if it's a mou?
My attitude is most of the people have no idea if they have a guarantee or not and have not asked their Business Agent. That's just crazy to post here and not clarify the language with your local union.

F

Frankie's Friend

My attitude is most of the people have no idea if they have a guarantee or not and have not asked their Business Agent. That's just crazy to post here and not clarify the language with your local union.
I understand.
It's also short sighted to think everyone's is the same. We've all be there a time or two.

Only 90% of the ft drivers put to work on Monday here have the right to a 40 hr week guarantee.

You gotta know they slash routes every monday just because of that. Ive seen volume held in a hub 60 miles away over the weekend citing a "remote area" to be delivered on tues.

cachmeifucan

When was last time you got a pension increase
My #1 issue with this job is too many hours. I was hoping this contract would reduce my excessive overtime. I wanted absolute protection from over 60 hours. I don’t want to have to file and fight every time they don’t honor my 9.5. Basically, there will be no real improvements that matter with excessive OT, but at least nothing got worse.

I do not like the idea of 22.4s making less, with no protections. But ever since I’ve been here, the rookies have always been getting screwed, so no real change here. If anything, these newbs will make more $$ right off the bat. They can bid RPCD jobs, so they’re not stuck.

I don’t care about PT catch up raises. We all made chump change before we went full time. They’re not being hurt that new hires get $13. They would be happier if new hires still made $8.50. Worry about yourself.

I know UPS likes to over dispatch. I don’t think they are going to be lowering any stop counts due to 22.4s. But who knows, maybe they might. So a small possibility for improvement.

If anything, I worry RCPDs will have later start times due to 22.4s. Or other unforeseen consequences. So overall, I worry it will have a slightly negative effect. But who knows?

I don’t see a problem with the “as long as there is work available” language because we are scheduled M-friend and guaranteed 8 hrs. They never like to have enough drivers and I just can’t see layoffs on Mon happening. There would be a line out the door for “who wants a dead day?”

I’d be happy knowing I won’t be working any weekends. I am happy with the monetary details of the proposed contract.

TLDR - It’s not really a bad contract but I’m really disappointed the excessive OT problem wasn’t handled.

Leaning towards no but the more I think about it, swaying towards yes.

tadpole

You don’t care that 3 year part timers make same as someone coming off the street? That’s great way to be selfish and only worry about yourself and let down your supposed union brothers and sisters. Your hours don’t impact me but I would still want a good contract for you.
Just like I said, they will continue getting their raises just like always. They don’t need to worry about how much more they are making than new hires.

Time for change

Wrong, those that got hired when there wasn’t a raise in starting pay for over 20 years at 8.50 get screwed. We will vote, those not hired yet won’t, so we will see how it plays out. There will be more existing part timers voting than in any contract before.