"CAN'T YOU READ?! THE NOTE SAID TO KNOCK SILENTLY!"

Marne Vet

I've been told not to beep at some places when backing by management.

We had a customer in our Center that absolutely HATED whenever we beeped while backing in to his dock. This clown actually banned drivers from his property. We would tell him "We have to do that for safety, and it's not to get your attention or to get you to stop what you're doing", but he didn't care and would argue with you if you did it. Sometimes for spite he wouldn't come over to sign for the stuff, and you had to sit there and wait for his panties to untangle because your 800 was blown-out with 100+ Over 70's for this guy. He handled the Convention Center, so the stop was always heavy. Apparently one day long after I stopped going there, I heard that he got into a confrontation with another driver from a Freight company, and that guy beat him so bad he knocked one of his eyes out. Oh how I would love to run into this Pirate looking d-bag now-a-days just to say hello. The entire Center hated this guy. Losing his eye in a fight because I'm sure he started it is just his own personal karma.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a customer in our Center that absolutely HATED whenever we beeped while backing in to his dock. This clown actually banned drivers from his property. We would tell him "We have to do that for safety, and it's not to get your attention or to get you to stop what you're doing", but he didn't care and would argue with you if you did it. Sometimes for spite he wouldn't come over to sign for the stuff, and you had to sit there and wait for his panties to untangle because your 800 was blown-out with 100+ Over 70's for this guy. He handled the Convention Center, so the stop was always heavy. Apparently one day long after I stopped going there, I heard that he got into a confrontation with another driver from a Freight company, and that guy beat him so bad he knocked one of his eyes out. Oh how I would love to run into this Pirate looking d-bag now-a-days just to say hello. The entire Center hated this guy. Losing his eye in a fight because I'm sure he started it is just his own personal karma.

Now we need an entertaining button.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
All I hear all day long is " your driver came to my door and never rang the bell , but he left the post note ".
I wonder if I should contact City Inspector Services to report this rash of broken door bells ?

Marne Vet

All I hear all day long is " your driver came to my door and never rang the bell , but he left the post note ".
I wonder if I should contact City Inspector Services to report this rash of broken door bells ?

I love when people tell me I didn't knock, or ring their bell, and they hand me the Info Notice. I say "You see that notice? That means I knocked, rang your bell, then stood here long enough to fill that note out, and then put this service cross on your package. I didn't sneak up here to leave a note because I wanted to come back today. I don't want to make one stop, let alone have to make it again the next day ma'am/sir." ugh. People are friend'ing stupid.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I love when people tell me I didn't knock, or ring their bell, and they hand me the Info Notice. I say "You see that notice? That means I knocked, rang your bell, then stood here long enough to fill that note out, and then put this service cross on your package. I didn't sneak up here to leave a note because I wanted to come back today. I don't want to make one stop, let alone have to make it again the next day ma'am/sir." ugh. People are friend'ing stupid.

Tell that to upsguy72 as he does exactly what you say you would never do.

Marne Vet

Tell that to upsguy72 as he does exactly what you say you would never do.

I always try to explain to them that the Info Notice was proof we were not only there, but that we did everything we could to get rid of their packages that day. I don't care if it's a letter, it's never just another stop. It's an extra stop I don't want to make tomorrow. My Dispatch sup does't keep my dispatch at a certain stop count, so Send Agains are just more work the next day. I'd rather have 155 tomorrow, rather than 170 because I couldn't get rid of 15 stops.

PhatAzz

Today was a great day. The one church I deliver to on my trip gave me a $20 Xmas tip, which was perfect timing since my Debit Card had to be cancelled due to the possibility that it was jacked when I used it at Target during December. Bank had a huge list of potential accounts that might've been compromised, and mine was one of them, so it was nice to get a tip on a day I couldn't tap Mac.

Around 4 PM I was almost done delivering, even though I have a late p/u, sitting around for an hour and a half was gonna be sweet. I walked up to a row-home, knocked as loud as I could, and rang the bell. I hear someone inside starting to yell through the door, but too far away for me to understand what they were saying. Then I saw the note that had slid down the storm door and almost out of sight. It said "Bell is broke. Please knock silently. Don't bang on my door" WTF? "Knock silently"? How do you knock silently? That's called not knocking at all. ugh Now the lady comes to the door, boyfriend or husband right on her heels. Both of them start yelling at me. "Can't you read? The note said to knock silently!" I said "Ma'am, I didn't see the note before I knocked. It had..." (cuts me off) "I can see the note right there!" she yells as she's pointing down toward the bottom of the door. Now you can see the note when the door is open, and you're standing right above it, duh, but as I was trying to explain before she cut me off, was that you CAN'T see the note from outside and with the screen door closed until you step all the way to the top step, and look down and inside the freaking door! "Ma'am, you can't see that note from outside." This starts a debate with both of them. Neither of which want to step outside into the cold air and see for themselves, because they're standing above the note now, and obviously that's all that's important. Now the Macklemore looking reject decides to pipe-up. "You must be an idiot. The note said don't knock loud. You know what that means?!" Me, "Yes, it means don't knock at all. How do you knock silently? Pretend to knock and use telepathy?" I don't think either of them knew what telepathy was, and probably thought it was an old map reference. Next the woman says "Don't bang on my door again! Got it?" All I said was "Yes ma'am. Roger that. I won't knock on your door again", and the morons both in sync said "Good". I don't think they understood that I said I would not be knocking on their door ever again, and since the bell is broken, can pretty much guarantee any future deliveries will be getting post carded.

Life is like a box of chocolates, and they're all stupid.

Next time you are at this stop - just move your mouth like you're talking - without saying a word. If they call in a concern. You can have the OMS explain that you were "talking to them silently". The only reason some people are still alive is because it's illegal to kill them.

Marne Vet

Really? Someone had to click the Bad Spelling icon? That was the point of the picture. *sigh* Thus ends the desire to post more.

---> . <---- The point of the post

*Lots of space*

[Your head goes here]

Missing the point 101

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not allowed. Local statute in the city I work in prohibits sounding of the horn unless it's used as a traffic signaling device where danger is imminent. I am not willing to break the law for UPS.

I'm fairly certain a quick toot of the horn two houses prior to the one that you have the delivery for will not land you in jail.

I received a corporate complaint about beeping on a customers property. Ups told her if we can't beep we would no longer be picking up or delivering. All we do now is deliver and I'm fine with this. Beep beep

gingerkat

Really? Someone had to click the Bad Spelling icon? That was the point of the picture. *sigh* Thus ends the desire to post more.

---> . <---- The point of the post

*Lots of space*

[Your head goes here]

Missing the point 101
Marne, I clicked bad spelling because of the the note and the "bad spelling", not what you wrote. Sorry I thought everyone would get it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I'm fairly certain a quick toot of the horn two houses prior to the one that you have the delivery for will not land you in jail.

I wasn't aware that we as UPS drivers were allowed to pick and choose when to follow the law or which laws to follow.

Maybe I'll pass that stopped school bus letting children off on the busiest corner in town rather than tooting the horn -breaking that law would definitely save me a ton more time.

What a people.

gingerkat

There ya go…I took off the rating. Apparently nobody saw the humor. Maybe we should ask for a "comments" section next to our ratings, so we can explain ourselves better? :surrender

And this is why I was completely happy with just the "like" button.