"CAN'T YOU READ?! THE NOTE SAID TO KNOCK SILENTLY!"

upswife75

I delivered to a house one day the previous driver said "what ever you do don't knock or ring the bell" well I couldn't resist lol lol. I walk up and rang the bell and knocked. Out of no where I see this little poodle fly by tthe inside of the door, jump up and grab ahold of the curtain hanging in the front window. When it fell he jumped on the other curtain ripped it down, I figured out why I wasn't suppose to knock or ring the bell lmao. When I left their were no curtains hanging inside the front of that house, I don't know if the little guy did the back or not. I got outta there.

Lmao, my husband delivered to someone out in the woods once, whose dog tore the house to shreds, supposedly due to him knocking on the door. He tried to sue and got laughed at by the lawyers.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

Tell that to upsguy72 as he does exactly what you say you would never do.

Dave you really can't read to well or your comprehension is getting worse. I said that if a signature is required I ring the bell and knock do a service cross than knock again and leave and info notice unless there is a note instructing me not to knock/ ring bell or to knock softly since there is no such thing as knocking softly in that case I just leave and info notice.

If I'm DRing a package I don't ring bells or knock.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't knock on doors or ring door bells unless they need to sign for a package. If there is a note don't knock or ring bells and they need to sign I leave and info notice and on to the next stop.

An info notice indicates that a delivery attempt was made and lets the consignee know what their options are to receive their package. If you don't knock or ring bells then there was no attempt to make the delivery.

BTW, an info notice cannot be used for 42 and A8's, so your line that "if they need to sign I leave an info notice" is not consistent with the methods.

Squint

No more work for me!
BTW, an info notice cannot be used for 42 and A8's, so your line that "if they need to sign I leave an info notice" is not consistent with the methods.

What do you do then to let the customer know that you were there? Isn't there a space on the info notice to let the customer know that they must sign in person? I'm sure they haven't changed that aspect of the job since I left...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes, it says signature in person at address, it is b or c. a says sign the back. B if signature is required but not a 42, 35, or a8, c for 42 a8, or 35. Now that should clear things up, LOL

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What do you do then to let the customer know that you were there? Isn't there a space on the info notice to let the customer know that they must sign in person? I'm sure they haven't changed that aspect of the job since I left...
He has to leave a notice, to let them know we were there and what the status of his pkg requires to be delivered.

Squint

No more work for me!
I remember they printed out a huge number of incorrect info notices about 13-14 years ago. Could it be that the BOG hasn't received the new and improved version?

Squint

No more work for me!
Yes, it says signature in person at address, it is b or c. a says sign the back. B if signature is required but not a 42, 35, or a8, c for 42 a8, or 35. Now that should clear things up, LOL

It does clear things up for me...I was a clerk for the last 8 years of my career so I know most of the codes.

UPSGUY72

Yes there is you mark box B " the sender required a signature at the time of Deliver" than on the back of the info notice Write VOID in the sig space.

You can also circle the B description on the back of the info notice.