CAR CHASES in the USA..... "get off it, get off it, get off it!"

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
With so many car chases in this country, why not dedicate a thread to the wonders of the car chase....

This first one happened today ( friday Sept 28 2012 ) and was shown live on FOX NEWS. Sheppard Smith, who I respect, tried to do the right thing as he is a man of class and respect.

Car Chase Suicide Aired On FOX News - YouTube

I like Shep Smith, and its unfortunate it happened on his watch, but I give him credit for his professionalism.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Love the car chases....2 yesterday. We stop what we're doing, sit down and turn up the volume. I think you sign something when you enter CA. to do just that.
Shep is not a favorite.

You are mad that they showed it, yet you post the clip....what? just in case someone missed it.

iruhnman630

The idea that Fox News is somehow shocked that this happened on their broadcast is laughable. People do get hurt and die in these things, and yet the news outlets, especially Fox News, continue to include them in their afternoon broadcast.

Maybe now they will move on from these things. Save them for the highlight reel afterwards.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Love the car chases....2 yesterday. We stop what we're doing, sit down and turn up the volume. I think you sign something when you enter CA. to do just that.
Shep is not a favorite.

You are mad that they showed it, yet you post the clip....what? just in case someone missed it.

Im not mad at all. I have no problem with the video or the outcome. I gave Shep credit for trying to prevent its airing once it looked fugly.

Shep is the only honest newsman on FOX news.

peace

TOS

804brown

A car chase is NOT NEWS. Maybe thats why fox "news" airs it. Anyway, I hope they learned a lesson from this. Broadcasting stuff like this is just high-tech rubber-necking!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
A car chase is NOT NEWS. Maybe thats why fox "news" airs it. Anyway, I hope they learned a lesson from this. Broadcasting stuff like this is just high-tech rubber-necking!!

If you ever notice, the picture usually says it's from KTTV (I think). Well, that's ch. 11 here and I'll tune in there to watch. So Fox can do what they want!!

wkmac

You want us to be denied the opportunity of seeing our societal heroes "protect and serve" so we can feel "thankful and blessed?"

DAMN BOY, WHERE'S YOUR PATRIOTIC LOYALTIES?

To your point above, I agree. As to anything changing in the future, I doubt it. Sadly most people are just trapped in life of going through motions and they don't even know why!

Noam Chomsky - History of Media - Manufactured Consent - YouTube

texan

With so many car chases in this country, why not dedicate a thread to the wonders of the car chase....

This first one happened today ( friday Sept 28 2012 ) and was shown live on FOX NEWS. Sheppard Smith, who I respect, tried to do the right thing as he is a man of class and respect.

Car Chase Suicide Aired On FOX News - YouTube

I like Shep Smith, and its unfortunate it happened on his watch, but I give him credit for his professionalism.

Peace

TOS
"I like Shep Smith, and its unfortunate it happened on his watch, but I give him credit for his professionalism."
crushing.gif