Cardinal sin termination

P

pickup

Koontz isn't my favorite author but far from the worst. You can usually get his books cheap at Walmart.

I could have gotten quite a few free Koontz books today at the Library. Instead I opted for Stephen King's Dark Tower 7, also free.

P

pickup

Prolly shoulda left the first one hanging. Wrong person watching could cause a guy a lot of trouble.

We have vending machinologists in my Feeder Department who calculate which item above will hit the low hanging item below , giving 2 for the price of one.

oldngray

nowhere special
I could have gotten quite a few free Koontz books today at the Library. Instead I opted for Stephen King's Dark Tower 7, also free.

Most of Kings (and those written as Richard Bachman) are available for free as e-books. He wrote so many. I think his early stuff was better.

P

pickup

Most of Kings (and those written as Richard Bachman) are available for free as e-books. He wrote so many. I think his early stuff was better.

I can't stand e books, seems weird to read on a screen and it seems to hurt my eyes. I do agree that King's later stuff is not as good.

P

pickup

According to the FNN this guy is toast. Someone was walking out the guard shack at this guys building and a guard mentioned over 70 games are missing.

No word on if he's a good guy or not.

FNN is like the pony express. Information eventually get delivered covered in horse :censored2:.

rod

Retired 22 years
What an idiot. He deserves to be fired. I bought something from the vending machine one night on way out. The bag got stuck right as it released. I tipped the machine a little to get it and an extra one fell out. Left the extra one in the machine.

I would have kicked the living crap out of that machine.

Savvy412

Eh, different strokes I guess. I've never felt that all the free time you have should be spent "bettering yourself", I know guys who go fishing or play golf in their spare time, not my thing but they enjoy it so good for them. Computer games have been around for a long time now and some of us grew up with them. I also work out every day and dabble in photography, but if I feel like wasting a few hours playing games on a Saturday afternoon I don't see what the big deal is, it's just harmless fun.
my brother in law used to always make fun of "grown men" for playing "little boy" games.. He gets his son an xbox for xmas. Now hes up late playing when everyone is bed. I was like, I told you man. Whats the difference between watching tv or playing some game.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I really like the book Watchers. I like koontz but his Odd Thomas stuff got old for me really fast.
Watchers was the first Koontz novel I read and I read a few more based on how much I liked it. After a while though I felt like his main characters always seemed to be basically the same people, just with different names and in different stories. Still good books though.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
my brother in law used to always make fun of "grown men" for playing "little boy" games.. He gets his son an xbox for xmas. Now hes up late playing when everyone is bed. I was like, I told you man. Whats the difference between watching tv or playing some game.
my father always called the TV "boob tube", there's little difference except that video games are at least interactive in screwing your ambition and wasting your life, etc. :D

It interests me how, to no end, how people insist on justifying their behaviors...

oldngray

nowhere special
my father always called the TV "boob tube", there's little difference except that video games are at least interactive in screwing your ambition and wasting your life, etc. :D

It interests me how, to no end, how people insist on justifying their behaviors...

Or you justifying your beliefs.

I agree if video games take over your life its a bad thing but as casual entertainment there is nothing wrong. While too much of it can turn you into a couch potato some (but not all of course) can stimulate the brain and help keep you mentally alert. I used to game but seldom do now. OK in moderation but you apparently don't like them so believe nobody else should either. As for reading I do read every day for at least a couple of hours and usually more.

Over 70

I agree with moderation on video games, tv, etc. I played counter strike source for thousands of hours in my teens/college years. It logged your time played and I spent weeks/months of my life on it

Same with TV people, if they actually logged how much they watch most would probably be shocked.

I've never paid for cable/satellite TV in my adult life.

More money for homebrewing, smokers, parts for homemade vacuum tube audio amps, vinyl records, motorcycle/car parts, gardening, etc.

Yeah I'm a weird dude into a bit of everything.

It's truly amazing how much you can accomplish with your time if you put your mind to it. Even FT UPS hours.