Cardinal sin termination

UnconTROLLed

perfection
No need to make her feel any worse
I agree he was stupid for doing that. Could be a million dollar + mistake for him.
Just maybe, she needs to read something snide like that. Because she was seeming to defend him (which is natural), but his actions are indefensible and egregious. "Cheater.. always a cheater"...and so on. Kleptomania is real, and stealing a cheap video game is in that realm.

Just maybe, she needs to read something snide like that. Because she was seeming to defend him (which is natural), but his actions are indefensible and egregious. "Cheater.. always a cheater"...and so on. Kleptomania is real, and stealing a cheap video game is in that realm.
Who knows why he did. It's just very unfortunate for his family. How do you even go home and tell you wife something like that?

barnyard

KTM rider
My son just brought up a good question , how did Microsoft connect him to ups

I am guessing that UPS made the connection. I would imagine that Microsoft saw an unauthorized activation of their game. Tracked it and contacted UPS and gave them the name of the activator. UPS took it from there.

That is the way I would do it if I worked at Microsoft.

ManInBrown

I had an Apple MacBook stolen off of a hotel luggage cart in Arizona years ago. Called Apple, and they told me there's nothing they could do. They said "We don't get involved in things of that nature" That was a long time ago. I wonder if the policy has changed since then?

This seems like something different altogether. A new item that needed to be activated. I was shocked Apple wouldn't even disable the computer. Basically told me I was SOL.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wonder if the policy has changed since then?

Has not.
Apple and all the computer and phone makers, for that matter, could remotely lock down any stolen machine, once it is detected online. They won't. The reseller can sometimes help, but Apple will not.

Couple of years ago, an admin at a county office discovered that the mobile phone contract include once a year phone upgrades for all phones. She ordered enough phones for everyone once a year, those that did not exchange phones, she sold the extra phones on Ebay. Ended up being a pretty large number of phones. Apple would not do anything, Verizon ended up pressing charges.

P

pickup

He has no job now is not likely a good time for a divorce,then again you know more about divorce then me.

I don't know anything about divorce either but I wonder ..... if "the style in which she became accustomed to living" plays a role. If she files now, that style has been established. If she files 3 years later , that style might have been downgraded, assuming he gets a job that is lower in pay than the one he screwed up.

P

pickup

I don't know anything about divorce either but I wonder ..... if "the style in which she became accustomed to living" plays a role. If she files now, that style has been established. If she files 3 years later , that style might have been downgraded, assuming he gets a job that is lower in pay than the one he screwed up.

That much being said , based on what the wife posted, she seems to love her husband and sees the good in him so I feel a little guilty about talking about divorce when she never brought it up.

clean hairy

No need to make her feel any worse
I agree he was stupid for doing that. Could be a million dollar + mistake for him.
Or some time in the slammer.
If that was to happen, better hope he doesn't get a roommate 6' 6" tall and 350 pounds who is lonely due to going many months without a roommate.
He might be eager to become REAL close friends with this guy as his new roommate.