Dhydratd

(Package Only) Local No. 71 orders a cease and desist of the IBT safety and health committee in response to the 70 hour work week. The local will no longer approve of any driver that remains a part of these committees. How Bow Dah?
I'd buy you a beer, but it's obvious from your avatar that you don't know what real beer is.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Management was out in droves today. We were read our methods and 8 keys of lifting and lowering. They said no person should be seen carrying an over 70 by themselves and we aren't to lay a finger on a package over 149 pounds or we would get a writeup. This is all effective immediately and our union safety has been dissolved.

None of the sups could do the 5s and 8s without reading off a piece of paper. That should tell you how much of a joke they are. The people they supervise know more about what they are supposed to do than mgmt.
Last week they could care less about safety , now that the pressure is off and peak in the books, they start their reindeer games ,,, this is nothing new !!
Old vets will attest to this !!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Last week the could care less about safety , now that the pressure is off and peak in the books, they start their reindeer games ,,, this is nothing new !!
Old vets will attest to this !!
Last week I had to devote any spare moment I had on making sure seasonals didn't end up in a ditch....now not so much.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Last week I had to devote any spare moment I had on making sure seasonals didn't end up in a ditch....now not so much.
No last week you were getting your arzz chewed out by a center manager about #s and you were in turn yelling at burnt out drivers , and coming down harder on newbies and being laughed at by older drivers who are burnt out , have been here since you were 2 or 3 and had the Christmas spirit sucked out of them by The Brown Empire when you were still leaving notes for Santa !

Dhydratd

If you'd take the time to do your job and train them correctly, they you wouldn't have to worry about that. Oh yeah, you're just a puppet on a string. You can only do what corporate tells you to do.

Foamer Pyle

So a driver with 18 70# boxes on his truck is supposed to:

1) insist the consignee assist in the delivery or

2) wait for a fellow driver to arrive to assist or

3) all drivers with packages over 70# will be supplied a helper all year long?
It’s about time this company installs lift gates on every car. Ever since they went with this over 70lb crap, not one new piece of equipment has been introduced to aid with these grossly overweight pieces. I can’t even refer to a Barka Lounger as a package, it’s furniture.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So a driver with 18 70# boxes on his truck is supposed to:

1) insist the consignee assist in the delivery or

2) wait for a fellow driver to arrive to assist or

3) all drivers with packages over 70# will be supplied a helper all year long?
#2 ONLY

Dhydratd

Didn’t need you to buy me a beer. My avatar also tells you that I don’t pay jack for beer either. :beersmiley:
Lighten up. Just kidding about the beer. You make good money though, you really should treat yourself better.
Seriously though, do you really think Joe's letter it's going to make any difference at all to UPS? Besides, all the Safety Committee members in Local 71 that I know of are all runners. They all bleed Brown just like mgmt.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
(Package Only) Local No. 71 orders a cease and desist of the IBT safety and health committee in response to the 70 hour work week. The local will no longer approve of any driver that remains a part of these committees. How Bow Dah?
Been doing this for months in the West. Thanks for joining the program.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
C6963A13-8B1B-42D1-B185-E7A2CB3B284B.gif
3E9B6E1F-B4BA-416B-A7FE-98BE8BEAF497.jpeg
Didn’t need you to buy me a beer. My avatar also tells you that I don’t pay jack for beer either. :beersmiley:

AlliSeeisBrown

Lighten up. Just kidding about the beer. You make good money though, you really should treat yourself better.
Seriously though, do you really think Joe's letter it's going to make any difference at all to UPS? Besides, all the Safety Committee members in Local 71 that I know of are all runners. They all bleed Brown just like mgmt.
I ain’t even mad bro haha. It won’t matter. They don’t want to spend the safety hours or buy a centers worth of food on the Amex anyways. Also yes, that’s why the division and district managers praise local 71 safety committees so much. They’re favorited as well. I’m okay with it being gone. They tried to get me in it, I’m not coming in 45 minutes early to do anything.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
No last week you were getting your arzz chewed out by a center manager about #s and you were in turn yelling at burnt out drivers , and coming down harder on newbies and being laughed at by older drivers who are burnt out , have been here since you were 2 or 3 and had the Christmas spirit sucked out of them by The Brown Empire when you were still leaving notes for Santa !

Another driver that hates the job...but manages to drag his :censored2: to work everyday for a meager paycheck cause his 3rd wife doesn't want him home...

so poor belittled driver takes it out on management....blah, blah, blah...