Cell phone policy

jay0695

what is the cell phone policy for a package handler? I have a tour and I was told to leave my cell phone in the car. Will they check my pockets? It's in a sketchy area so I rather keep my phone on me

WorknLateHuh

Are you a Millennial? Pulling a phone away from a Millennial is like asking them to pull out their own teeth.

Does the car lock? The horror of leaving it at home is unthinkable... I know. I think you will survive

dudebro

Most places you register the phone with security and then you get a sticker for it. They don't want you walking out with a pilfered iPhone X that you claim is "your" phone each night.

W

What The Hawk?

what is the cell phone policy for a package handler? I have a tour and I was told to leave my cell phone in the car. Will they check my pockets? It's in a sketchy area so I rather keep my phone on me
That's weird, my center doesn't care. Just don't be on your phone unless you're changing a song.
Are you a Millennial? Pulling a phone away from a Millennial is like asking them to pull out their own teeth.

Does the car lock? The horror of leaving it at home is unthinkable... I know. I think you will survive
I'm tired of being on my cell every 2 mins. And for what? Ain't anybody talking to me! I'm going back to a flip phone when my plan expires in a week.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hub here is big enough that sups will sometimes call you up rather than try to find you. Likely the cellphone ban was only for the tour and nothing else. I would highly recommend you bring it tomorrow/during your next interview as HR might try to contact you outside the facility.

Box Ox

Phones weren’t a problem in my preload. But I did often wonder who the hell some of the guys were talking to at 4am in the morning via their in-line mics, bluetooth, etc.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Here at UPS, we employ trained security personnel to secure our facilities. Rest assured, your belongings are safe.

charmschool

Do you know why that is the policy?I find it weird. I mean it's not like I'm going to talk on my phone when I'm working.
It's a theft issue, phones are easily stolen so they make you put a sticker on yours and you show it every time you pass through security. That's what I was told.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It's in a sketchy area so I rather keep my phone on me
so you'd rather keep a $600 mobile device on you in a sketchy area? uh...

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

Liquid Red

I'm in a hub and I have to smuggle mine in everyday. I only bring it in so I can listen to Pandora over listening to my fellow co-workers (whine)