Center not honoring 8 hour guarantee to drivers while using PVDs

Some Locals and/or Supplements have decided not to take out dues for seasonal employees.

PVD’s are still seasonal package car drivers. At issue is that they drive their own vehicles, not a UPS supplied vehicle.

I’m sure you have a good reason for saying this but in my limited first hand experience the union has never lost a grievance for the company violating article 3 section 7. And I am someone who loved working in the Hub and got fairly involved as a PT.
Not sure but I would be surprised if our BA has ever won a grievance. For anything. Just sits there nodding his head in silence while the Labor Manager tells him the way it is going to be.

Trucker Clock

Not sure but I would be surprised if our BA has ever won a grievance. For anything. Just sits there nodding his head in silence while the Labor Manager tells him the way it is going to be.

We had one of those a long time ago. He would just sit there and twirl his pen on the table during hearings. He lost about everything.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Man that sucks. Can BAs be voted out or something? Go above his head? It’s fun sometimes to go above people’s heads.

Johney

That jack bag wouldn't last two minutes in my old center. Our stewards use to come in early on their own time to catch sups working. Paid off 99% of the time.

Son of ORION

Say what? No guarantee?

I hope zero drivers went home. We are our own worst enemy.
I was about to say the same, in my center a bunch of drivers are now crying cuz management have cut their routes….but these drivers are the same ones that every time a sup call offering them the over, they take it without any remorse

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Code 5 is for pusillanimous and runners
Except that we're all being automatically coded as 05 in the 355.

I'm in a relatively small center and we had PVD routes running this week from Tues-Thurs. I saw guys punching out that I don't see in the evening for the other 10 months of the year because they're out so late.

Brownwind

Can they cut a bid route and then give the work to PVDS? They are doing that in my building.
Yeah yeah. They renamed mine pvd. Who cares as long as the check cashed

You can work as much as you want upto 60. Preload, night or Saturday.

Can’t understand why everyone doesn’t want a few moments of lighter work. Still getting paid for eight just for showing up.

Yeah yeah. They renamed mine pvd. Who cares as long as the check cashed

You can work as much as you want upto 60. Preload, night or Saturday.

Can’t understand why everyone doesn’t want a few moments of lighter work. Still getting paid for eight just for showing up.
The future of our Union. "Who cares who gets hurt as long as I get mine."

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
DEMAND YOUR 8 HOURS CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYBODY

OH WAIT YOU GUYS WILL BE TRICKED BY YOUR CENTER MANAGER

CENTER MANAGER: YOU GUYS JUST WANT A FEW HOURS ON SATURDAY?!

SILLY DRIVERS: YAY SOUNDS GOOD DONT SCARE ME HEE HEE

IDIOTS …Like @Wally said we are our own worst enemy…
🧔‍♂️✊