ceo's success

542thruNthru

Seriously though. What does a ORS do all day? We had 3 ORS now we are down to one. One ORS for a little over 100 driver's. I can honestly say we haven't noticed a difference.

Please I would really love to know what they do all day. Seems to me the OMS girls do everything lol.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Leading by example has nothing to do with running scratch, should they know a route sure but there is way more than ORS is responsible for...getting rid of HR and everything that went with it is another example. Who in the hell did they think was going to take care of the HR issues without HR?? Oh right, the Manager and the supervisor.....and now we have to answer a customer satisfaction survey 1 more step farther away from the business of delivering packages.

I'm out....
Well, a driver can ALWAYS do more. I guess you can, too.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Seriously though. What does a ORS do all day? We had 3 ORS now we are down to one. One ORS for a little over 100 driver's. I can honestly say we haven't noticed a difference.

Please I would really love to know what they do all day. Seems to me the OMS girls do everything lol.
Got in early one day didn’t think anybody was in the building and swear to god walked in the ors office and one of them is asleep with his head on the desk and the other one is watching chinese ping pong on YouTube
You can’t make this stuff up

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

it varies extremely by center, depending on the crew of OMS, the managers style, the DM's style, and even the ops manager's style

from august on, they should mostly be on car training drivers for peak; the rest of the year it's a lot of observations, safety paperwork, and chasing whatever the flavor of the month metric

you're right though, with a good support staff and disregarding busywork, 1 ORS could manage the work of 3 (except on-car training)

Dragon

Package Center Manager
it varies extremely by center, depending on the crew of OMS, the managers style, the DM's style, and even the ops manager's style

from august on, they should mostly be on car training drivers for peak; the rest of the year it's a lot of observations, safety paperwork, and chasing whatever the flavor of the month metric

you're right though, with a good support staff and disregarding busywork, 1 ORS could manage the work of 3 (except on-car training)
I agree with all except with the last one. What do you consider busy work? There is a lot to do after drivers leave the building believe me, my OMS cannot take the place of an ORS, sure there are some things but its not the OMS's job to do it.

We could go on and on but it in the end we need the ORS.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Got in early one day didn’t think anybody was in the building and swear to god walked in the ors office and one of them is asleep with his head on the desk and the other one is watching chinese ping pong on YouTube
You can’t make this stuff up
I am not surprised, new sups?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Sounds like the life of a UPS driver. We constantly have to do management's job.
You would be a failure....don't assume you could manage a whole center based on only taking care of yourself all day. We have enough DM's and higher that were 30 day wonders as a center manager and now run the whole show and it shows..last on everything.

542thruNthru

I agree with all except with the last one. What do you consider busy work? There is a lot to do after drivers leave the building believe me, my OMS cannot take the place of an ORS, sure there are some things but its not the OMS's job to do it.

We could go on and on but it in the end we need the ORS.
Usually the ORS are getting whatever was left behind in the building together and then having someone shuttle it to the driver's. That takes about an hour or so after the driver's leave. After that it's all office busy work is what It seems like.

Our ORS rarely ever do observations unless they are forced. For the first time in a long time this year they were required to do 3 observations a week and they nearly lost their minds over it lol.

542thruNthru

You would be a failure....don't assume you could manage a whole center based on only taking care of yourself all day. We have enough DM's and higher that were 30 day wonders as a center manager and now run the whole show and it shows..last on everything.
Lol I've seen the center managers that come in with no experience and how the center still seems to run just fine. Pretty sure I could slide into the position and learn it in a week or two. Trust me I'm pretty good at sitting on a conference call and getting yelled at.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Usually the ORS are getting whatever was left behind in the building together and then having someone shuttle it to the driver's. That takes about an hour or so after the driver's leave. After that it's all office busy work is what It seems like.

Our ORS rarely ever do observations unless they are forced. For the first time in a long time this year they were required to do 3 observations a week and they nearly lost their minds over it lol.
Our ORS NEVER works past 12. Oms handles everything in the afternoon. center manager works in a different center and is home by 130 every day. Observations? Yeah I watched 4 drivers today. End of discussion. Train peak help starting Thanksgiving.