Chances of a UPS strike?

thedownhillEXPRESS

From reading the UPS side of this forum, it is starting to appear that healthcare may become a major sticking point.

Wonder what others are thinking.

It would be a great opportunity for us to do a slowdown of our own if they do.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
From reading the UPS side of this forum, it is starting to appear that healthcare may become a major sticking point.

Wonder what others are thinking.

It would be a great opportunity for us to do a slowdown of our own if they do.

What is WRONG with you? Now is the time for all of us to come together as Team FedEx and deliver The Purple Promise like it's never been delivered before!!

If UPS does strike, the FedEx employee response will be totally underwhelming. It will be just like Peak 2012 (The GIGANTIC Success), with thousands of undelivered boxes in every station. And very few people could even give a :censored2:.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It's nice but it gets super hot in the summer here. Recently all but one of the express routes were converted to your new sprinters. So the heats not an issue for you guys with your A/C.

hypo hanna

Thinking back to the last brown out. We quadrupled our volume, many of us got hurt while we took amazing amounts of abuse from the public becayse we couldnt absord it all. Then we took abuse drom upper mgmt for taking in too much freight and blowing out the system. The company made a bundle and all we got was the equivilant of a weeks pay before taxes. This time Fred will have to do it without my extra help.

vantexan

I'll put in the 12 hours if they go on strike but if our mgrs start saying we can make an exception for all this extra freight so keep working, nope. I've got two old dogs waiting for me at home and they'll hold it for about 12 hours, but it's cruel to keep them waiting.

TUT

The difference being he is actually part of the process where you again are on the outside thinking you know more than you actually do.

I know the shipping business. If the workers believe a strike is suicide, then they will lose a tone of leverage.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)