olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So you have been through a change of operations? I am hearing that you can follow your route, if not your route goes up for bid in your center, and you go back to a swing driver. Do all the un taken routes go up for bid, could I bid on another route in the new center. It also sounds like if there are open routes at the new center they could force you to go to the new center form the bottom of the seniority list up.
when we were sent to the new hub , you did not lose any seniority for bidding. you were not punished for a change of operations. best that you talk to your BA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Contact your Local Union office and find out how they plan to handle this change of operation. I am assuming there will be more then just you being effected.

The local will have a meeting to inform the members of how they plan on handling the move but, in essence, you will have the option to either follow your work or to stay and bid on a new route based on your seniority.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

yes. the info you need is in the contract. do you have a specific question? They paid over $7k( moving expenses ) to move my family to the town ( 150 miles ) of the new hub.

The Company DOES NOT pay relocation expenses for hourlies displaced as the result of a change of operations UNLESS their center is permanently closed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you have been through a change of operations? I am hearing that you can follow your route, if not your route goes up for bid in your center, and you go back to a swing driver. Do all the un taken routes go up for bid, could I bid on another route in the new center. It also sounds like if there are open routes at the new center they could force you to go to the new center form the bottom of the seniority list up.

They cannot force you to move.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
About 8 years ago UPS decided to satellite a small valley that housed 3 routes. They expected the drivers to follow their work. 2 drivers had been on their respective routes for about 20 years. The other driver had been on his route 4 years. They all declined to follow their work to the shock and consternation of UPS.
The kicker was the drivers would have to drive 100(50 each way) miles to the satellite location....on their own dime. No compensation for mileage or wear and tear.
The way it worked out is the routes were opened up for bid. There were no bids for the routes so they assigned the routes starting from the bottom up. They were forced to drive the mileage with no help from UPS on mileage. The only time mileage was paid is if someone was filling in on one of the routes from origin center.

By The Book

They were forced to drive the mileage with no help from UPS on mileage. The only time mileage was paid is if someone was filling in on one of the routes from origin center.
Were these drivers forced to use their personal vehicles to drive to the satellite location? Did they punch in at the other drivers start time and drive an empty package car to the satellite location since they were forced?

By The Book

The BA said that if enough people don't want to move to the new center they could force you to go to if you want to keep your job, starting with the least senior driver.
Good, you now have information from your BA. Are you a driver who owns a bid on one of these routes that are moving to the new center? I would think there will be changes to all the routes that are relocated to some degree. They may post and bid all the new routes once they figure out how many. These may be open to bid by all drivers in the centers affected. Like you said it's still early and in the planning stages. Go to those meetings and let them know you want all drivers and cover drivers who are not the bid driver to be on the clock and be able to use a package car to and from the satellite location and clock in and out at the origin center.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The Company DOES NOT pay relocation expenses for hourlies displaced as the result of a change of operations UNLESS their center is permanently closed.
this is why you are on ignore except this time because i went thru this . our satelite center was closed an d the company did pay moving expenses to the drivers who moved.

as usual you don't know what you are talking about.

don't bother responding because you are back on ignore.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Good, you now have information from your BA. Are you a driver who owns a bid on one of these routes that are moving to the new center? I would think there will be changes to all the routes that are relocated to some degree. They may post and bid all the new routes once they figure out how many. These may be open to bid by all drivers in the centers affected. Like you said it's still early and in the planning stages. Go to those meetings and let them know you want all drivers and cover drivers who are not the bid driver to be on the clock and be able to use a package car to and from the satellite location and clock in and out at the origin center.
when our center closed I was commuting 70 miles each way everyday for 3 years. i wanted to keep the job.

we eventually moved within 40 miles to the center because we found better schools there for the kids instead of in the city. did that commute for another 20 years.

no regrets. would do it again.

happily retired in the mountains.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
this is why you are on ignore except this time because i went thru this . our satelite center was closed an d the company did pay moving expenses to the drivers who moved.

as usual you don't know what you are talking about.

don't bother responding because you are back on ignore.
Do you get off on being a pathological liar?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Were these drivers forced to use their personal vehicles to drive to the satellite location? Did they punch in at the other drivers start time and drive an empty package car to the satellite location since they were forced?
I know of a center where they satellited half of it and All had to drive with no compensation. Grieved and lost.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know of a center where they satellited half of it and All had to drive with no compensation. Grieved and lost.

That sucks but it is how things work. My whole center got moved to another building about 20 miles away and I had no choice but to go there. Before the move all the higher seniority drivers bid on different routes so they could stay but I was near the bottom of the seniority list.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That sucks but it is how things work. My whole center got moved to another building about 20 miles away and I had no choice but to go there. Before the move all the higher seniority drivers bid on different routes so they could stay but I was near the bottom of the seniority list.
They saved a huge chunk of change satelliting those guys. I personally hate satellites. Just too many problems.