Above10200

Good, you now have information from your BA. Are you a driver who owns a bid on one of these routes that are moving to the new center? I would think there will be changes to all the routes that are relocated to some degree. They may post and bid all the new routes once they figure out how many. These may be open to bid by all drivers in the centers affected. Like you said it's still early and in the planning stages. Go to those meetings and let them know you want all drivers and cover drivers who are not the bid driver to be on the clock and be able to use a package car to and from the satellite location and clock in and out at the origin center.
Yes my route is one that will be affected. It sounds like it will be a whole new center, so all routes will be out of that center, the Silverthorne center will still be in operation.
I have a lot of information just posted here to see if anyone has dealt with this no one in my center has ever seen something like this, we have drivers with 35+ years here. I am going to union meetings and gathering all the information I can. I want to make the most informed decision I can because I can't afford to move. If I go to the eagle center it doubles my commute.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
as i already mentioned, you may not have a choice if you want to keep your job.

it was a tremendous shock when it happened in our satellite center. some drivers retired that had the time in. some drivers quit. some drivers quit a couple years later because they did not want to move and had a long commute.

some stayed and toughed it out. the pay and bennies were too much to give up in our case. my spouse is disabled and needed monthly medical care. I wanted my children to go to good schools in the country instead of the city. It was ultimately a tough decision but a good one in the long run in OUR case.

everyone is different and has different priorities. all I can advise is to listen to your gut. write out all the pros and cons in a notebook and weigh it all out.

good luck.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

this is why you are on ignore except this time because i went thru this . our satelite center was closed an d the company did pay moving expenses to the drivers who moved.

as usual you don't know what you are talking about.

don't bother responding because you are back on ignore.

The Company DOES NOT pay relocation expenses for hourlies displaced as the result of a change of operations UNLESS their center is permanently closed.

Above10200

as i already mentioned, you may not have a choice if you want to keep your job.

it was a tremendous shock when it happened in our satellite center. some drivers retired that had the time in. some drivers quit. some drivers quit a couple years later because they did not want to move and had a long commute.

some stayed and toughed it out. the pay and bennies were too much to give up in our case. my spouse is disabled and needed monthly medical care. I wanted my children to go to good schools in the country instead of the city. It was ultimately a tough decision but a good one in the long run in OUR case.

everyone is different and has different priorities. all I can advise is to listen to your gut. write out all the pros and cons in a notebook and weigh it all out.

good luck.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, thats what I have been doing since this rumor came out. The commute is the big down fall to going to eagle. I just want to be as informed as I can be when they announce the new center.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for the words of encouragement, thats what I have been doing since this rumor came out. The commute is the big down fall to going to eagle. I just want to be as informed as I can be when they announce the new center.
How far will your commute be?

Above10200

So the latest news from management is they might open a new center in eagle county they dont have a building and dont know what routes will be moving ! They hope to open the (nonexistent building)by September. But we shouldn't know that they have a building ( that is a secret ). Thank god I have been ahead of the game. The rest of my coworkers are scrambling wondering what they will do. This is another reason why you should go to union meetings and talk with your reps and ba's. The new generation needs to learn what the union can do for you.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Back in 1892 we were forced to relocate to a center 2000 miles away. It was 3 day commute each way. Ups provided us helicopters and twin engine Cessna's with a full wet bar. I did not regret the move and now life happily in a volcano .Then I did feeders and stripped, became a spaceman and flew to mars before curing aides polio and cancer.I am currently preparing to run for president.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Back in 1892 we were forced to relocate to a center 2000 miles away. It was 3 day commute each way. Ups provided us helicopters and twin engine Cessna's with a full wet bar. I did not regret the move and now life happily in a volcano .Then I did feeders and stripped, became a spaceman and flew to mars before curing aides polio and cancer.I am currently preparing to run for president.
You have my vote

TheFigurehead

They paid over $7k( moving expenses ) to move my family to the town ( 150 miles ) of the new hub.

when our center closed I was commuting 70 miles each way everyday for 3 years.

we eventually moved within 40 miles to the center because we found better schools there for the kids instead of in the city.

My god... you are absolutely full of :censored2:, and utterly shameless about it. You clearly need a hobby other than trying to bullshi+ the people on browncafe. You are terrible at it.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
My god... you are absolutely full of :censored2:, and utterly shameless about it. You clearly need a hobby other than trying to bullshi+ the people on browncafe. You are terrible at it.
what is your problem? it is the truth. the center was Willows, CA that closed due to a change of operations. the company paid for several drivers to move to new hubs. some drivers retired instead of moving.

I lived in Redding and was commuting to Willows every day. It's 70 miles. Then I moved the family there. The company had to pay for our move due to the change of operations and since I put in a transfer request for Reno they had to pay for a move within 150 miles of the hub so we moved to the Reno area.

Before you start calling someone a liar , do your homework. Check the contract. By the way , this happened in 1994.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Article 38 section 2 national master agreement for all you haters.
As a result of the Employer moving an operation more than seven-ty-five (75) miles, all full-time employees in accordance with clas-sification seniority who choose to move, will have their moving expenses paid.
The expense shall include the reasonable cost of packing and the moving of household goods or house-trailer including dismounting
and mounting

Mst3k

They temporarily shut down my hub a couple of years back and paid everyone on the graveyard shift a weekly stipend for their commute. All the other employees got nothing.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
what is your problem? it is the truth. the center was Willows, CA that closed due to a change of operations. the company paid for several drivers to move to new hubs. some drivers retired instead of moving.

I lived in Redding and was commuting to Willows every day. It's 70 miles. Then I moved the family there. The company had to pay for our move due to the change of operations and since I put in a transfer request for Reno they had to pay for a move within 150 miles of the hub so we moved to the Reno area.

Before you start calling someone a liar , do your homework. Check the contract. By the way , this happened in 1994.
A hub in willows!? I didn't know Glenn county even had people in it lol