Change Of Ops in Northern Cali

The Natural

Yes.... our local. Though small has a very good reputation and has one of the best contract guys in the country. It's just a bad situation for me and other drivers. Some are 10 year bid drivers being forced into packages.

The Natural

Yes. That is always an option per the contract. Not easy to uproot your life with kids, tuitions, mortgages, wife's with careers too. Wish it was.

The Natural

I've considered following and commuting home on weekends but that doesn't leave much quality time for family when that's what matters most. But UPS in nocal doesn't care about it people or their families.

The Natural

Especially when the job is a 60+ an hour a week job. Me or anyone else would be so tired after the week they wouldn't want to do anything. It seems to me the scheduler built the job to make sure nobody followed

The Natural

I've been with this company over 20yrs and have never seen it this bad. All I can hope for is that I don't get hurt doing packege before I can retire in 6 years. There is a reason I went to feeder. 2 back surgeries. 2 knee surgeries. 2 ankle surgeries. Thanks UPS. The package department is getting back a product they have created. ...

I've been with this company over 20yrs and have never seen it this bad. All I can hope for is that I don't get hurt doing packege before I can retire in 6 years. There is a reason I went to feeder. 2 back surgeries. 2 knee surgeries. 2 ankle surgeries. Thanks UPS. The package department is getting back a product they have created. ...
They don't care. They want us gone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Now I know your a manager. You'd fit in great in nocal. What's a good business plan with out happy employees to execute it.

An effective one?

I am starting my 28th year in small package. I am not a manager but I do have good business sense.

Based solely on what you have told us the moves appear to be justified.

The Natural

This thread is really nothing more then me venting my frustrations. And letting people know that UPS isn't run the same everywhere. Here in nocal it all numbers and management bonuses. People do not matter.