Change Of Ops in Northern Cali

The Natural

I'm glad you had a chance to know him. Do you know D.A.? he's in Sac feeder but we started together in Redding for peak 1993. He grew up in Anderson. He was the one that helped me get on for peak and then permanently a year later.

hope you keep us informed. good luck with anything you decide to do. OUTLAST the bastards!
I know a couple D.A.s not sure who you mean. If he is Redding feeder or Sac feeder odds are I know him. I can't give up the limited amount of time I have with my family. They come first. I'm gonna have to sacrifice my feeder job and make the most of a bad situation. Thank you all for your support or in some posts, lack there of. All points of view have merit . Guess it's time to have that shoulder surgery I've been putting off for years then reevaluate afterwards. ..

The Natural

I wanna transfer to Redding...didn't read any of the posts here cause they were long and I just finished 248 stops...have a good one!!
FYI. They have taken a few new drivers recently. May be time for an off the street. Very soon. Keep checking and stay on top of it... As a steward I'd much rather see them bring in a transfer who is already a member as opposed to a pt or ft supervisor who hasn't paid their dues and quite honestly doesn't deserve it. Our local is 137. Get in touch with them ASAP.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I know a couple D.A.s not sure who you mean. If he is Redding feeder or Sac feeder odds are I know him. I can't give up the limited amount of time I have with my family. They come first. I'm gonna have to sacrifice my feeder job and make the most of a bad situation. Thank you all for your support or in some posts, lack there of. All points of view have merit . Guess it's time to have that shoulder surgery I've been putting off for years then reevaluate afterwards. ..
the guy's first name is dan. big guy. real popular. one of my best friends.

i wish i had shoulder surgery before i retired. my only regret.

anyway, you are right. family comes first and if you make a decision based on that you'll come out ahead regardless.

The Natural

the guy's first name is dan. big guy. real popular. one of my best friends.

i wish i had shoulder surgery before i retired. my only regret.

anyway, you are right. family comes first and if you make a decision based on that you'll come out ahead regardless.
Yeah. I know him. Run into him from time to time. Good dude..

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
FYI. They have taken a few new drivers recently. May be time for an off the street. Very soon. Keep checking and stay on top of it... As a steward I'd much rather see them bring in a transfer who is already a member as opposed to a pt or ft supervisor who hasn't paid their dues and quite honestly doesn't deserve it. Our local is 137. Get in touch with them ASAP.
Thanks for the info...I am not quite ready for the transfer yet but it might be good to put it in now.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah. It is.... I've had 2 back surgeries. 2 knee surgeries. And 2 ankle surgeries. And am due for a shoulder. I am a product of UPS. So wait til they get a load of me.
Did any of these injuries happen in feeder.... Damn man...either you are a runner or just an unlucky guy.... I don't care how much they ride me I'm not going to get hurt and have multiple operations just to go a little bit faster for these d*...ever

The Natural

Did any of these injuries happen in feeder.... Damn man...either you are a runner or just an unlucky guy.... I don't care how much they ride me I'm not going to get hurt and have multiple operations just to go a little bit faster for these d*...ever
Injuries were a combination of a life dedicated to baseball and then a life a working hard , not smart. Ive since learned the latter. ..went into feeder after my back surgeries. It was how I saw me being able to make it to the end..So some due to hard work and some due to hard play... We all pay for the lives we lead one way or another....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Injuries were a combination of a life dedicated to baseball and then a life a working hard , not smart. Ive since learned the latter. ..went into feeder after my back surgeries. It was how I saw me being able to make it to the end..So some due to hard work and some due to hard play... We all pay for the lives we lead one way or another....
wish i had my shoulder surgery before retiring. just wanted to get out without the hassle of going out on disability for awhile. did take care of almost everything else like dental and other major medical.

it's amazing how fast your body will heal up after this job is over.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
wish i had my shoulder surgery before retiring. just wanted to get out without the hassle of going out on disability for awhile. did take care of almost everything else like dental and other major medical.

it's amazing how fast your body will heal up after this job is over.
How long does the mental anguish last though???