Christmas Eve?

DorkHead

After getting beat up for the last 5 weeks, just wondering what`s in store for us on the 24th? Will we be in in time for Christmas Eve dinner with our familys?

wadep

Not me, I've got an 80 stop 600 km (360 mile) day ahead of me. Staring at 6:30 A.M. I should be done by 20:00

Fredless

APWA Hater
Forced layoff for me (Reload) today. I did, however have 40 stops on Saturday.

I am enjoying my day off, completely. I hope you guys that had to drive get through it safely.

Phil800101

Had a pretty easy day, loading-wise. We started at 3:15, and I was punched out by 8:15. Flow/volume was very manageable, and driver's cars were very light. However, as expected there was quite a bit of air, and my one driver got a lot more air than usual for his residential areas. Still, a nice easy end to peak.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

123 stops, 37 miles, no scheduled pickups, 1 OCA. Started at 8:45am, punched out at 1430 including time for lunch because I had to wait until 1400 to make my drop box pickups. Code 5 so I was paid punch to punch. Not a bad way to end a fairly uneventful peak for me.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Started at 6:30, hit the road at 8:30. All my scheduled pickups told me not to come by so I pounded out 81 deliveries and was punched out at 2:45.

It's about damned time!

upsdude

The IE bean counters missed the forecast by 2500 stops for our building. We’re slammed and management spent the morning trying to rent every truck in the city. Many drivers will be out late, myself included. (I’m at home taking my lunch). I wish I could get away with screwing up an operation like IE seems to do on a daily basis. I did take pleasure in watching some of the IE eggheads trying to “brown up” this morning. Hey idiots, the shirt buttons go in the front.

Overpaid Union Thug

All of our routes were in the yellow (those that have PAS/EDD know what that means). A couple of routes with dense residentual areas were still out when I clocked out at 3:15. The routes that run the areas with retail businesses and the mall were still out as well. I ended with 140 stops and about 60 miles. All of the rural routes were in before 2:00. What an easy day.

jlphotog

71 dels, 1 pu, punched out at 16:30. Pretty easy day compared to the last four or five weeks.

65 of those deliveries were ressies.

W

Willard

83 stops, 211 miles, huge snow drifts in this part of midwest!! The biggest I've ever seen!! I was clocked out by 5:45 pm.

wadep

We had drivers out past 8:00 tonight. Sup's were absolutely livid as drivers were snaeking out of the center at 3 and 4 without helping out. I volunteered to help out but I was to close to the 12 hour mark for the day.