City vs.Town Routes - A General Disparity in Time Allowance?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That is simply incorrect, because load quality and driver speed will inherently make a difference WHEN the driver delivers WHERE, which could, and usually then result in different traffic patterns, route conditions, and etc. The butterfly effect blows this out of the water, Hoax.

And I know as a fact IE fudges their #'s...I can prove it actually, as I've been time-studied and it was bogus.
IE time study assumes everyone upstream did their job and the load is "near perfect" and in delivery order.
Actual driver speed has no effect on study.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
IE time study assumes everyone upstream did their job and the load is "near perfect" and in delivery order.
Actual driver speed has no effect on study.
The study, as in what the IE geeks are "studying"...haha I understand. Good lingo there, I don't know all of the jargon.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
One thing about us young guys is we get harassed more when we are paid over. I finish routes at the same times as the bid drivers and then asked why I was over.
Not so, I get harrassed daily. The difference is I no longer listen. I do my best to deliver safely and timely what they give me.

UPSGUY72

I'd love to say I could run each route the same pace but if I ran a city route a "normal" work pace I use on a town route, I'd be 3+ hours paid over. The same pace that scratches a town route. It's not even close the effort difference needed.

I show up in the morning look at the ORION time numbers then I take into account whether I need to get out early that night or not if not. If I don't I run the route so I'm just under the ORION time. If I need to get out early and there aren't any late pick ups. I usually can bust out a route and be getting paid guaranteed time.

Just an FYI your don't need to run around like an idiot to get done with a route early you just need to be smooth and steady all day and have a plan in your head for the whole day. If that means you don't follow ORION oh well there always tomorrow...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I show up in the morning look at the ORION time numbers then I take into account whether I need to get out early that night or not if not. If I don't I run the route so I'm just under the ORION time. If I need to get out early and there aren't any late pick ups. I usually can bust out a route and be getting paid guaranteed time.

Just an FYI your don't need to run around like an idiot to get done with a route early you just need to be smooth and steady all day and have a plan in your head for the whole day. If that means you don't follow ORION oh well there always tomorrow...
Like your avatar.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Punch in, do work, punch out. Let them worry about numbers. Bend over and take a OJS once in a while, working by the methods. Your numbers will be worst but that's their problem.

UPSGUY72

Punch in, do work, punch out. Let them worry about numbers. Bend over and take a OJS once in a while, working by the methods. Your numbers will be worst but that's their problem.

I don't worry about there numbers I worry about mine. Those being whether or not I have something I need to do after work or not. So I either run the route my way and get out earlier or there way and make more OT...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't worry about there numbers I worry about mine. Those being whether or not I have something I need to do after work or not. So I either run the route my way and get out earlier or there way and make more OT...

I could see if you had something really important to do, but we have clown Runner-Gunners burning it up every day. Some are scared little P's, some just fools. It is these guys we have issues with.

Re-Raise

Excessive miles will drive up the MPH on-area.
I think you said one time that you put me on ignore. I guess it is because I don't concede a point to you just because you use three syllable words.

But if you do see this, could you please explain it to me?

I know what the word excessive means. I know that MPH means Miles Per Hour.

How the hell does the number of miles you drive on a route "drive up the MPH on area"??

If I drive 100 miles in a town with a speed limit of 30mph what changes on my allowance when I drive 150 miles?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not every town route has the same allowance, not every city route has the same allowance.
To make it even better, every area has a different time allowance. So you can get a certain amount on one street, drive 6 blocks, and have a completely different time allowance. We were having an issue with one certain area going through timecards. IE was dragging their feet getting it set up. We always added the driver's stops/packages to one certain area because the time allowance was much greater and his numbers would look better on a report. No joke.

By The Book

To make it even better, every area has a different time allowance. So you can get a certain amount on one street, drive 6 blocks, and have a completely different time allowance. We were having an issue with one certain area going through timecards. IE was dragging their feet getting it set up. We always added the driver's stops/packages to one certain area because the time allowance was much greater and his numbers would look better on a report. No joke.
This was fixed though right? I've learned working here if you hide the problem it doesn't get fixed. I hope he didn't show too early when this happened,Red flag.

Overpaid Union Thug

On most routes in my center you have to run and skip lunch to put a big enough dent in the work hours to get off early. I'm as smooth as my load quality, customers, and traffic conditions will allow and do not finish early unless I'm under dispatched.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
This was fixed though right? I've learned working here if you hide the problem it doesn't get fixed. I hope he didn't show too early when this happened,Red flag.
It appeared on a Monday and was fixed by Thursday. But I just remember my On Car telling me "Always go to the **** area for him if this keeps happening. He has a better time allowance on that area and he's always 2 hours over so it will drop it quite a bit."

By The Book

It appeared on a Monday and was fixed by Thursday. But I just remember my On Car telling me "Always go to the **** area for him if this keeps happening. He has a better time allowance on that area and he's always 2 hours over so it will drop it quite a bit."
I guess this way the problem is put on the back burner. Looks like they need to go do the area study as it is compounding the problem. Seems like our country routes have less allowance than the city routes, but the drivers on the country routes work considerably more hours. I think UPS would be more profitable if there was no bonus paid, and it would be easier to dispatch us drivers.