COLA raise in October? (Express Only)

Oldfart

Man, you need to take off the FedEx rose colored glasses. Or are they tattooed on your face? Ever heard of ulterior motives?
Who cares. Money spends the same either way.

Grocery store sell items below cost as loss leaders. Their ulterior motive is to get shoppers in the store. Do you turn down their discount because their intent does not meet your standards?

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Who cares. Money spends the same either way.

Grocery store sell items below cost as loss leaders. Their ulterior motive is to get shoppers in the store. Do you turn down their discount because their intent does not meet your standards?
Bad analogy there. Try comparing apples to apples next time. If you think Fred is doling out raises out of the goodness of his heart then you’re living in never never land.

Oldfart

Bad analogy there. Try comparing apples to apples next time. If you think Fred is doling out raises out of the goodness of his heart then you’re living in never never land.
Who cares why it happened. More money is always good no matter the reason. Quit being so bitter and angry

Cactus

Who cares why it happened. More money is always good no matter the reason. Quit being so bitter and angry
Every time someone tells the truth about the way things are, you accuse them of being bitter and angry. I'll bet you have zero friends at work.

!Retired!

We got out October raise in April, but if it wouldn't have been bumped up 6 months the steps are adjusted for cost of living (COLA). Do you think we will see the step adjustment in October?
We went many years without an adjustment, what makes you think you'd get one this year?

Mr. 1070....how long you with the company?

SmithBarney

We went many years without an adjustment, what makes you think you'd get one this year?

Jackal, you know for the last 8-10 years the pay raises have had no regularity, the rules have changed every year for the last 10 years. including none in 08. So its understandable that someone might guess we'd get a raise in OCT because it's as random as the decisions FDX has made.

Oldfart

Every time someone tells the truth about the way things are, you accuse them of being bitter and angry. I'll bet you have zero friends at work.
You are just a bitter fella. Your constant complaints about ulterior motives for a raise proves that. Who cares what the motive was for the early raise. The people that still work here got more per hour or will get the 2 bonuses. Do you analyze a persons motives for everything?

Oldfart

Jackal, you know for the last 8-10 years the pay raises have had no regularity, the rules have changed every year for the last 10 years. including none in 08. So its understandable that someone might guess we'd get a raise in OCT because it's as random as the decisions FDX has made.
I see you are as clueless as floridays. Except for 2008 or 2009, I think we have gotten a raise every year. So since 2009 or so, we have gotten yearly raises. The last couple of raises were a set amount as dictated by the 10 step plan. This year the raise was given 6 months early and people still complain. You could get a raise in October and still find something to complain about.

!Retired!

Did you not get the raise or bonus in the Spring. If not, ask your manager what happened?
Yes, I got mine. He was asking about COLA, which is what my reply was about.
The last time I saw 2 raises was in 2000 + 2001. I would never expect 2 now. Though, 2 raises in 6 months did catch me by surprise.

Oldfart

Yes, I got mine. He was asking about COLA, which is what my reply was about.

The last time I saw 2 raises was in 2000 + 2001. I would never expect 2 now. Though, 2 raises in 6 months did catch me by surprise.
The 10 step may or may not include a COLA. You got a raise and got it 6 months early. Not a bad deal in my world.

SmithBarney

Future letter to be released(already written)
RE: Payroll and Compensation 2018+

Due to the unforeseen impact of Hurricane Florence and ongoing costs to keep the European Anti-trust legal issues regarding the TNT merger and the Russian Malware attack on TNT computer systems, we will be suspending any pay actions until further notice. Until then thanks as always for Delivering the Purple Promise.

-Your Supreme Leader.

Preventable

Technically this isn't off topic, but does anybody have any insight into this topic from the salaried side? I know a lot of the questions on the salaried side are in regards to bonuses which I tied to goals/objectives etc being met, the proportional size of the bonus is based on that but real dollar amounts have not been brought up at all (I assume the biggest determining factor will be the earnings report in a week). Also can salaried employees usually count on at least a modest bump in pay in good years such as this one? Hopefully this doesn't draw any flak, but even if you don't believe it a lot of managers are work like dogs. Just want some possible insight.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Technically this isn't off topic, but does anybody have any insight into this topic from the salaried side? I know a lot of the questions on the salaried side are in regards to bonuses which I tied to goals/objectives etc being met, the proportional size of the bonus is based on that but real dollar amounts have not been brought up at all (I assume the biggest determining factor will be the earnings report in a week). Also can salaried employees usually count on at least a modest bump in pay in good years such as this one? Hopefully this doesn't draw any flak, but even if you don't believe it a lot of managers are work like dogs. Just want some possible insight.
They’re definitely worked like dogs at my station. I feel bad for them. We have a very demanding SM. We are bleeding managers right now. Lol.

Cactus

The only people who care about the motive are idiots. It all spends the same.
Typical shill response. Don't spend it all in one place assbag.

You are just a bitter fella. Your constant complaints about ulterior motives for a raise proves that. Who cares what the motive was for the early raise. The people that still work here got more per hour or will get the 2 bonuses. Do you analyze a persons motives for everything?
Not only are those rose colored glasses stuck on your face, they've caused blindness as well.

Oldfart

Typical shill response. Don't spend it all in one place assbag.

Not only are those rose colored glasses stuck on your face, they've caused blindness as well.
Yep. Blinded by the fun I had spending the extra money my check had last spring and again in a few weeks. Who couldn't use an extra grand or so on their check. Only a total idiot would care why the company decided to give raises and bonus early. Kind of sounds like you.

FedExMan

Since the beginning of 2011.
Every year so far the steps have changed to a higher number. The 2016 step 7 is not the same as the 2017 step 7. Why should we stay at the same step # amount for over 2 years? It doesn't sound like much but if you add up .50 cents for 10 years it's $10,400

Cactus

Yep. Blinded by the fun I had spending the extra money my check had last spring and again in a few weeks. Who couldn't use an extra grand or so on their check. Only a total idiot would care why the company decided to give raises and bonus early. Kind of sounds like you.
A grand for a bonus? I’m sorry, but the only extra grand for a courier is a grand illusion, one of which you suffer from. Any kind of FedEx bonus for hourlies has hidden strings attached. You’ve been with the company since what, the 70’s and you still haven’t figured that out? Maybe those NASCAR fumes have got to you as well.