COLA raise in October? (Express Only)

Oldfart

A grand for a bonus? I’m sorry, but the only extra grand for a courier is a grand illusion, one of which you suffer from. Any kind of FedEx bonus for hourlies has hidden strings attached. You’ve been with the company since what, the 70’s and you still haven’t figured that out? Maybe those NASCAR fumes have got to you as well.
Right at a grand last spring and another one in October. I will enjoy spending it while you drown in self pity.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Right at a grand last spring and another one in October. I will enjoy spending it while you drown in self pity.
Where do you get this self pity thing from? I just don’t believe your BS. Try not to confuse the two. If that’s even possible.

Oldfart

Where do you get this self pity thing from? I just don’t believe your BS. Try not to confuse the two. If that’s even possible.
Don't believe topped out got a bonus and are about to get another? Shows how little you know. Bummer

!Retired!

If we are making America great again then we will be getting another raise in October.
LOL....if another raise in October is what will make you happy, I suggest you just quit now.
The 10 step may or may not include a COLA. You got a raise and got it 6 months early. Not a bad deal in my world.
I'm not complaining.
Since the beginning of 2011.
Every year so far the steps have changed to a higher number. The 2016 step 7 is not the same as the 2017 step 7. Why should we stay at the same step # amount for over 2 years? It doesn't sound like much but if you add up .50 cents for 10 years it's $10,400
As I said before. You seriously expect because it happened a few years in a row, it'll keep happening? If we went back to merit based raises, you'd quit in a minute.

Oldfart

Is bummer the only word you learned in Special ED classes?
No. Learned what the word BONUS meant. Such as the bonus I got last Spring and the bonus I will be getting in a few weeks. Don't lose too much sleep over the fact that you were wrong. Again.

floridays

The only people who care about the motive are idiots. It all spends the same.
I'm thinking you called me an idiot.
It does all spend the same, but when a company get's great concessions and then makes a public play at rewarding employees as other companies have, only to recoup their giving by extending the time for the next wage increase, I'll call BS.
Pure and simple it was PR, it made the company look good.

!Retired!

I'm thinking you called me an idiot.
It does all spend the same, but when a company get's great concessions and then makes a public play at rewarding employees as other companies have, only to recoup their giving by extending the time for the next wage increase, I'll call BS.
Pure and simple it was PR, it made the company look good.
Didn't it help your pocket as well? 2 raises in 6 months helped me and my 401K pretty well.

floridays

Didn't it help your pocket as well? 2 raises in 6 months helped me and my 401K pretty well.
Of course it did, let's revisit this same question in 13 months. You're not a sharp one. My point is they jumped on the bandwagon acting like the added something special. They didn't, see you back here in 13 months Mr. Not So Bright.

Oldfart

Hey floridays. Have you not been to work in 3 weeks? What ever happened to proving me wrong on the date we did not get an annual raise? You were gonna check on it when you got back to work and back up the statement that I was wrong. What happened?

BootsOnTarmac

Just like you, I am on the step plan and topped out. What "bonus" are you talking about that will happen in October? I don't see it on the HR ONLINE website under Pay Actions nor does my excellent Manager see the scoop.

How do you know this will happen for us?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just like you, I am on the step plan and topped out. What "bonus" are you talking about that will happen in October? I don't see it on the HR ONLINE website under Pay Actions nor does my excellent Manager see the scoop.

He doesn’t know. He just wants to be right for once in his life. OF is probably the duffus of his station hands down.

SmithBarney

Of course it did, let's revisit this same question in 13 months. You're not a sharp one. My point is they jumped on the bandwagon acting like the added something special. They didn't, see you back here in 13 months Mr. Not So Bright.
As much as I want to agree, I can't:
you got 6months of your 2017 rate(cut short by 2018 rate starting early)
you get 18 months at your 2018 rate(started 6months early)
Your 2019 rate will start "on-schedule"

Now if you go back to 2015 or 2016, when they changed the pay-action date from March to Oct. We did get hosed there 18mo no.. and while not related at all, the 2018 accelerated pay-action basically paid you back for that hosing if you want to think about it that way, you are an additional year behind since you didn't get a raise in 2008 either.

floridays

As much as I want to agree, I can't:
you got 6months of your 2017 rate(cut short by 2018 rate starting early)
you get 18 months at your 2018 rate(started 6months early)
Your 2019 rate will start "on-schedule"

Now if you go back to 2015 or 2016, when they changed the pay-action date from March to Oct. We did get hosed there 18mo no.. and while not related at all, the 2018 accelerated pay-action basically paid you back for that hosing if you want to think about it that way, you are an additional year behind since you didn't get a raise in 2008 either.
Actually you seem to have spent more time on this than I did. To make it equal with both sides raises in March 2019. I hope you understand this would not even be a question if raises stayed in March. If they had decided that March no raise....so be it, it will be remembered, one year no raise. As they did one year 6 mos. raise. This year, raise 6 mos early, next raise Oct. 2019. I don't like games, we get a raise on the date or we don't, let the chips fall where they may.

Oldfart

He doesn’t know. He just wants to be right for once in his life. OF is probably the duffus of his station hands down.

It was announced when they made the pay actions in the Spring. Topped out got a bonus in the Spring and another coming in October if memory serves me right.
Everyone else got a moved up a step.

Oldfart

This is the details from the announcement last Spring.

employees in steps 1-9 will advance to the next step in their step progression plan.

Employees at step 10 will receive two lump sum payments totaling 3% of the employees annual pay based on their hourly rate on March 25 2018. The first will be paid 01 April, and the second will be paid in October 2018.