Indecisi0n

I’m kidding about mid life crisis. Yeah I workout, I do calisthenics got a power tower at my house. This is just something I’ve been thinking for a while like everyday I wake up to go back to UPS.
So you are probably pretty ripped with tight abs?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m kidding about mid life crisis. Yeah I workout, I do calisthenics got a power tower at my house. This is just something I’ve been thinking for a while like everyday I wake up to go back to UPS.
So you are gay? Oops, sorry about all the gay comments.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
That type of medical field is a different type of stress... at least you're sure to head down that path, right?

In high school, I went on weekends as a cna, just to be exposed to what the lpn and rn are doing ... didn't like needles and related stuff.

It's always on demand, so at least it's job security. Good luck to you!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't need a bachelors to be an RN. You may want to get your RN, start working, then continue to work towards your BSN. If you really want to mix it up get your lactation nurse certification, there's a big demand.
Almost everywhere requires a 4 year degree anymore. Or they hire you with the stipulation you get one in the next 4-5 years.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Is it possible and does Ups offer any leave time/school compensation?
Do it! I've been doing it and I'm almost done. Nursing might be a bit challenging because of clinicals etc. And if you're not motivated you're going to fail. It's sucked working 50hrs a week and then coming home and having to study. If you're not dedicated don't try an do both at the same time. Seriously take a look at yourself.

Will it be worth it?
Absolutely, I'm almost done and already getting some job offers. Better pay, much better hours, similar benefit, slightly less time off, but more holidays off and something more interesting than delivering boxes.

There will be haters that tell you there is no better job that UPS (yes it is a good job). But that is completely false.

Nursing is great too! Great pay, and working 3 12's a week is sweet. I have a few friends who are nurses and they love it.

My advice, get the hell out of UPS. I also agree with you that this won't be a viable job in 15-20 years from now. Old guys won't admit it because they are scared for their pension but it's true. Long gone are the days of 35 year career drivers. The age of low paying unskilled labor is banging in the doors of UPS. And if there is any evidence of this happening just look at how weak the union is and all the competition in the logistic industry. Cough cough Amazon.

El Correcto

god is dead
Do it! I've been doing it and I'm almost done. Nursing might be a bit challenging because of clinicals etc. And if you're not motivated you're going to fail. It's sucked working 50hrs a week and then coming home and having to study. If you're not dedicated don't try an do both at the same time. Seriously take a look at yourself.

Will it be worth it?
Absolutely, I'm almost done and already getting some job offers. Better pay, much better hours, similar benefit, slightly less time off, but more holidays off and something more interesting than delivering boxes.

There will be haters that tell you there is no better job that UPS (yes it is a good job). But that is completely false.

Nursing is great too! Great pay, and working 3 12's a week is sweet. I have a few friends who are nurses and they love it.

My advice, get the hell out of UPS. I also agree with you that this won't be a viable job in 15-20 years from now. Old guys won't admit it because they are scared for their pension but it's true. Long gone are the days of 35 year career drivers. The age of low paying unskilled labor is banging in the doors of UPS. And if there is any evidence of this happening just look at how weak the union is and all the competition in the logistic industry. Cough cough Amazon.
So you did it while being a full time driver? If so what did you do about finals and stuff.

john chesney

I unno, Ups always brags about their college reimbursement. I was mainly curious about that, not so much the time off. I know part timers get it, I was wondering if full time drivers are eligible as well.
Ya they brag about it but you can’t use it unless the college overs classes after midnight. Maybe that online thing would work I don’t know

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Is it possible and does Ups offer any leave time/school compensation?
My lawyer drove for UPS while attending Law school. He already had a bachelor's but didn't like the field he was in. This was back in the 90s. You might be able to get tuition reimbursement from UPS. I think it's like a little over $5k a year up to $25k but I don't know exactly how the program works as its not available in my area which is BS since there's a community college about 10-15 minutes from the facility. You can look it the tuition programs online at UPSers.

OrionsBitch

Not...
So you did it while being a full time driver? If so what did you do about finals and stuff.
Yup did it while being full time. A lot of online schools use projects over the course of the semester instead of finals. But for specific subjects you have to take exams in person. My University worked with local unis around me to run proctored exams. Where I could go in and there would be a profit or TA from the local school making sure I'm not cheating lol. I took Calc, Chem, and Physics that way. Just make sure you pic the right school and ask them about proctored exams.