College and Mall Routes

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I hated covering the route near the college with all the frat houses and sorority houses...it was cool seeing jugs all day but I hated all those shirtless frat poooooosies playing beer pong at 10am.

Loading mall and plaza trucks sucks at first. I feel your guys's pain, in a way. I'm sorry no I don't know where your dolly is, but trust when I say some of us care..

The last time they cycled me through the mall truck, dude was super appreciative and never had to load stacks or do much but get in and go.

UPS instructs us to load up to a certain HIN as usual, and after that use slots for the stores. We are supposed to put 5108 in its physical location not with the 30 other 5108's you've gotta lug through the mall that are in your RDC.

And usually this stuff is air envelopes, and since cars are bricked, it's impossible to fetch things over immovable stacks.

I loaded by store, so the driver didn't have to climb over stacks to grab an envelope, residentials were loaded label up MFL/MFR and forward or toted on top. Sometimes when it was a couple air envelopes they'd get toted and put right behind him.

Management didn't like my numbers but I kept him super happy. These cars are definitely not "load as directed". They are definitely "load as your driver needs them loaded, so listen and learn".

Over time you realize John Smith is also "Manager" and also "Gamestop" or just go by addresses. There's no point putting 7040 for a guy you're gonna be dropping off a ton of stuff to.