Concealed carry

FilingBluesFL

Texas state law says you can have one in your car. Regardless of if it is on UPS property or not. You don't even need a permit. You can lawfully carry a gun on your property, this being on your homesite, to your car, in your car, and back to your home.

Same rule applies here in Florida.

One driver in our center had an ASP (one of those extendable metal batons) fall out of her purse one day. I believe she still has her job. Dropped it out in front of a whole group of people and they all laughed about it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Once again people not understanding the difference between legal rights as a public citizen and as a private sector employee.our building has the proper legally recognized signs at the gates and guard shack prohibiting concealed hand guns on property.ON PROPERTY means on ur person or in ur vehicle.these are the same signs posted at schools and bars etc.
And again, it's important to know your state's laws.
For example Texas sb321 prevents employers from prohibiting guns in employees' cars. There are similar laws in Oklahoma and Tennessee that I know of, probably a few more.

I have mixed feelings about protecting the gun rights of employees by infringing on the property rights of employers, or vice versa, but that's for a court to decide. Where I'm at, UPS can put up whatever signs they want, but it's against the law for them to punish me for having a gun in my vehicle.

Personally I think it's irresponsible to leave an unattended weapon in a vehicle anyways so it's not an issue for me. That's just me though, people can make that choice for themselves as far as I'm concerned.

ITwannabe

A g
I know we are not allowed to have concealed weapons on company property, but a coworker from a different terminal had brought up a good point. At the gates before you enter most terminals it reads "no illegal firearms beyond this point". And at most terminals before you enter the building it reads " no firearms beyond this point". Well, we haul firearms and ammo so I think that's why it says "no illegal firearms". Well, my firearm is not illegal. It is registered and i possess a license to carry it. I know we aren't allowed to carry in federal buildings and that also includes federal vehicle.I just don't think it's fair to not be able to protect ourselves, especially when we haul firearms and raw drugs for hospitals. We are a target, like many of us, are on the road 6 days a week in multiple states. We should be able to protect ourselves, not just on our day off. People say it's not worth getting fired for, but are they saying that if they had to pull out a weapon in self defense, that they would rather have there job and not there life? Although I follow the rules, I still know that I would rather be alive and defending myself in court, rather than keeping my job and being dead.
A gun is overkill...now a nice extendable Billy club I could go for.

Returntosender

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — An accidental shooting Monday afternoon results in one person being taken to the hospital.

As of July 1, state law allows a person to legally keep a gun in a car or truck without a permit.

UPS spokeswoman Peggy Gardner tells NewsChannel 9 that the company does not allow guns on the premises, and that the victim is a part-time employee who has worked for UPS for more than two years.

Accidental shooting in UPS parking lot

BrownTexas

For example Texas sb321 prevents employers from prohibiting guns in employees' cars. There are similar laws in Oklahoma and Tennessee that I know of, probably a few more.

I have mixed feelings about protecting the gun rights of employees by infringing on the property rights of employers, or vice versa, but that's for a court to decide. Where I'm at, UPS can put up whatever signs they want, but it's against the law for them to punish me for having a gun in my vehicle.

Personally I think it's irresponsible to leave an unattended weapon in a vehicle anyways so it's not an issue for me. That's just me though, people can make that choice for themselves as far as I'm concerned.
My question to you would be if you have other places to go, other than work, and you want to be protected. Are you saying that person should have to go home to get there weapon? You can't always take your weapon with you into everything you do in a day. So just go without?

BrownTexas

My question to you would be if you have other places to go, other than work, and you want to be protected. Are you saying that person should have to go home to get there weapon? You can't always take your weapon with you into everything you do in a day. So just go without?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
That's a personal decision I wouldn't judge someone for what they choose, because I don't really think there is a right answer either way.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I just casually carry my tire bumber...aka crowbar..into the rest room at the rest stop I go to on runs.... Never had a problem with any scrub truckers or homeless people...not a violent person but I wouldn't hesitate to jack up someone's face with that thing to protect myself...

upschuck

Had a girl bring a handgun in building accidently, when she realized what she had done, she told a sup, and subsequently fired. Not sure if she got her job back.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Can someone point me to the cardinal sin that gets you terminated without a warning letter for having a firearm in your vehicle?

Did UPS Security suddenly gain Law Enforcement powers to ask Judges for warrants?

If UPS has a right to search my personal vehicle in their parking lot then doesn't any private parking lot have the same right? Costco has the same signs, are they going to search my car?

Why would anyone tell Management what they keep in their car?

Why would you openly display a firearm in a vehicle you are going to be absent from for 8-12 hours?

Gun Vault makes excellent vehicle safes.

The best answer to any question posed by UPS security is "I do not recall". This conveys that you are cooperating but cannot accurately answer their question at this time (but may be able to at a later time).

In AZ our parking lots are full of more guns than a small gunstore. We had one steward who wore an empty holster for years when management used to slash his tires quite regularly. He's still here.

rod

Retired 22 years
Can someone point me to the cardinal sin that gets you terminated without a warning letter for having a firearm in your vehicle?

Did UPS Security suddenly gain Law Enforcement powers to ask Judges for warrants?

If UPS has a right to search my personal vehicle in their parking lot then doesn't any private parking lot have the same right? Costco has the same signs, are they going to search my car?

Why would anyone tell Management what they keep in their car?

Why would you openly display a firearm in a vehicle you are going to be absent from for 8-12 hours?

Gun Vault makes excellent vehicle safes.

The best answer to any question posed by UPS security is "I do not recall". This conveys that you are cooperating but cannot accurately answer their question at this time (but may be able to at a later time).

In AZ our parking lots are full of more guns than a small gunstore. We had one steward who wore an empty holster for years when management used to slash his tires quite regularly. He's still here.

Just wearing an empty gun holster---BRILLIANT. I bet that got them talking.