Conflicts on the clock

Bob11B

lets Hear some stories you’ve had while delivering, with customers or just randoms on the route.

Today, I was doing a daily p/u at a gas station and filling up. There was an accident on the main road so police diverted the flow of traffic through the gas station parking lot. I was walking inside and a truck hauls ass and accelerates straight my way...I had to run to avoid being hit. My arm hit the guys truck. He throws it in park, gets in my face and says “touch my truck again and I’ll :censored2: you up”. I told him he was lucky he didn’t run me over and he needed to slow the hell down...lots of words were exchanged and I told him to get the :censored2: out of my face or I would get the police over there. This isn’t the first time I have had an issue, so I’m sure many others have too.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
lets Hear some stories you’ve had while delivering, with customers or just randoms on the route.

Today, I was doing a daily p/u at a gas station and filling up. There was an accident on the main road so police diverted the flow of traffic through the gas station parking lot. I was walking inside and a truck hauls ass and accelerates straight my way...I had to run to avoid being hit. My arm hit the guys truck. He throws it in park, gets in my face and says “touch my truck again and I’ll :censored2: you up”. I told him he was lucky he didn’t run me over and he needed to slow the hell down...lots of words were exchanged and I told him to get the :censored2: out of my face or I would get the police over there. This isn’t the first time I have had an issue, so I’m sure many others have too.
Had a 90 year old lady tell me to kiss her ass the other day. Yes for me that’s a pretty normal day lol

I’m sure @scooby0048 will win this thread.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I covered a route last summer in a rural area to a lady who does a ton of amazon shopping and the lady called in a complaint because I left her packages at her gate because their dog is aggressive as hell. My sup talked to me about the complaint where I explained about the dog and said she would call the lady. So I get there the next day and am bagging up the package and see her cruising up the driveway in her car. She gets out and is furious calling me a lazy POS and all this other crap, apparently my sup didn't get the message through. I remained calm and let her rant and when she finally shut up I explained that her dog was too aggressive and I won't be going near her house. I get the old "well the other driver does this" speech but I told her for the rest of the week her stuff is going to be left right at the gate. Oh boy did that set her off...I got called every name in the book and before she peeled out in reverse she told me that she's calling Ups and I would NEVER deliver to her again!

The next day I see her address on the manifest and my smile got wider than it ever has. I sheeted them as emergency condition so she didn't get her stuff that day, after all I was told never to deliver to her house again by her. The lady must have raised all sorts of hell because my supervisor drove out to her house on a Friday! Supervisor was too scared to get out of the car because the dog was being aggressive. So now that lady is a permanent will call and has to drive to the center to get her crap :)

Brownslave688

One of my first years driving dude comes flying down his yard on a 4 wheeler and cuts me off in the middle of the road. Starts just chewing my ass “DIDNT YOU SEE THE friend’N SIGN 10 MPH. YOU BETTER SLOW THE :censored2: DOWN ILL HAVE YOUR ASS THROWN IN JAIL”

I kindly told him he could kiss my ass I was going 12 mph and the gps tracking on the truck would show as such. I also said I had no intentions of slowing down because if I drove 10 mph every where I would never get done and his private road with 4 homes wasn’t special. Dude got more belligerent and aggressive each time I didn’t back down.

Finally I told him to get the :censored2: out of my way or I was calling the cops and pressing charges for kidnapping because he was holding me against my will. That finally did the trick and he got out of my way.

Was fun explaining that customer complaint though

Rack em

Made the Podium
One of my first years driving dude comes flying down his yard on a 4 wheeler and cuts me off in the middle of the road. Starts just chewing my ass “DIDNT YOU SEE THE friend’N SIGN 10 MPH. YOU BETTER SLOW THE :censored2: DOWN ILL HAVE YOUR ASS THROWN IN JAIL”

I kindly told him he could kiss my ass I was going 12 mph and the gps tracking on the truck would show as such. I also said I had no intentions of slowing down because if I drove 10 mph every where I would never get done and his private road with 4 homes wasn’t special. Dude got more belligerent and aggressive each time I didn’t back down.

Finally I told him to get the :censored2: out of my way or I was calling the cops and pressing charges for kidnapping because he was holding me against my will. That finally did the trick and he got out of my way.

Was fun explaining that customer complaint though
I love people that think they can have you thrown in jail, fired, etc. I just smile and go. Lucky for us, our center manger is the same way and doesn't put up with people like that guy. That whole road would be non deliverable and he would send letters to all the people explaining how that guy being an :censored2: caused it.

542thruNthru

I've never had a conflict with a customer. They all seem to tell me the same thing. How I'm the best driver they've ever had and how good looking I am.

I really wish I could have some cool conflict like you guys but sadly I'm just too damn perfect.

ImmediateBoringHawk-small.gif

Brownslave688

I love people that think they can have you thrown in jail, fired, etc. I just smile and go. Lucky for us, our center manger is the same way and doesn't put up with people like that guy. That whole road would be non deliverable and he would send letters to all the people explaining how that guy being an :censored2: caused it.
That one and a regional manager at wal mart telling me I’d never deliver to another wal mart again are my best customers blowing up on me stories.

The wal mart one was so satisfying because you could tell the dude had no idea what to do when I didn’t fold to his demands. I’m sure anything he tells a worker what to do they all scramble. I’m like you’re not my boss lol

Rack em

Made the Podium
That one and a regional manager at wal mart telling me I’d never deliver to another wal mart again are my best customers blowing up on me stories.

The wal mart one was so satisfying because you could tell the dude had no idea what to do when I didn’t fold to his demands. I’m sure anything he tells a worker what to do they all scramble. I’m like you’re not my boss lol
I would have thanked the wal mart guy and tell him how much work he would be saving you by not driving to that :censored2: hole :)

john chesney

When we collected cash for COD and stepped into guys house while he was getting money. I told him I didn’t have change and he told me I couldn’t leave. Never went into a house after that and wasn’t real happy about him telling me that and I let him know that and left

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t even remember most of them. Though I’ve had quite a few. I just blank face it and act professional, not going to let someone’s bad day ruin my job. I deliver to an impoverished area, lots of :censored2:s who take it out on me.

One guy did grab a hold of the hand rail and wouldn’t let go. I told him I’d call the cops, he was irate not opening his property gate to let me out. He was pissed I drove 15 miles an hour down his apparently 5 mile an hour property, he could of just asked me nicely and told me the speed limit, instead he insisted on calling me a child killer and screaming repeatedly do you want to kill children. I drove away thinking wtf was that.

Bob11B

I don’t even remember most of them. Though I’ve had quite a few. I just blank face it and act professional, not going to let someone’s bad day ruin my job. I deliver to an impoverished area, lots of :censored2:s who take it out on me.

One guy did grab a hold of the hand rail and wouldn’t let go. I told him I’d call the cops, he was irate not opening his property gate to let me out. He was :censored2: I drove 15 miles an hour down his apparently 5 mile an hour property, he could of just asked me nicely and told me the speed limit, instead he insisted on calling me a child killer and screaming repeatedly do you want to kill children. I drove away thinking wtf was that.
You’re right, I need to maintain my cool and professionalism in those cases..I think my PTSD kicks in and just gets the better of me, I am a very calm and cool person...when someone says “:censored2: You” or something along those lines, I lose my cool.

WTFm8

I also said I had no intentions of slowing down because if I drove 10 mph every where I would never get done

Slow down and follow the speed limt. Screwing yourself out of overtime.

I got bitched at at a business that I usually did 12-13mph on a day I was covering after being off the route for a week or so but was covering on it almost 4 months straight prior.

Yard shifter complained about UPS driver going 25-30 for the last week and I explained to him it wasn’t me, he pointed at 10mph sign.

About a week later an ORS asked me if anybody ever told me to slow down and I told him yes and explained.

I now go between 2mph under and the limit. I’ll take the OT following the law, if they want me off the road sooner they can give less stops and put another driver on a split.

Brownslave688

Slow down and follow the speed limt. Screwing yourself out of overtime.

I got bitched at at a business that I usually did 12-13mph on a day I was covering after being off the route for a week or so but was covering on it almost 4 months straight prior.

Yard shifter complained about UPS driver going 25-30 for the last week and I explained to him it wasn’t me, he pointed at 10mph sign.

About a week later an ORS asked me if anybody ever told me to slow down and I told him yes and explained.

I now go between 2mph under and the limit. I’ll take the OT following the law, if they want me off the road sooner they can give less stops and put another driver on a split.
It was very early on in my runner days but I’m still taking 10 mph with a grain of salt. People run faster than that.

El Correcto

god is dead
This reminds me of a dude my second time covering a country route. I turned off an 55 mph FM onto a private driver going around 30. Guy comes running out of a trailer and screams at me I keep driving down make the delivery and go back. He is waiting in middle of road for me and starts just screaming at me for not stopping or slowing down for him, I don’t remember how the conversation went exactly, but we didn’t reach an agreement.

Maybe 5 stops later I’m driving back down that same FM and this jackass is on a tractor driving down the road coming in the opposite lane, he sees me and recognizes me before I knew it was him. He swerved over in my lane takes both hands off the wheel and gives me the double bird. I swerve off onto the small access road barely missing his :censored2: and continue driving away. I got off the FM and took my lunch, called the police on him informed my center.

Didn’t run into him again and I’ve delivered to that private drive.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
Careful.
One day, after getting a mouthful from some dip, my center manager called me with a friendly request, "please, when a customer is upset, don't smile at them."

Yah, he called in to complain that I was smiling while he was yelling at me.

Brownslave688

Careful.
One day, after getting a mouthful from some dip, my center manager called me with a friendly request, "please, when a customer is upset, don't smile at them."

Yah, he called in to complain that I was smiling while he was yelling at me.
This is my natural reaction to any confrontation. Always has been. I smile or laugh.

It has been the basis for MANY customer complaints Against me.