congress

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't get it. If they did something wrong, investigate them. Why are people like moreluck, island, brett, Baba and the right-wing of this country so sensitive to being called "racist"? Simply say, "No, race plays no part in the investigation." Or is there evidence to support the claim?

Charlie Rangel & Maxine Waters were both charged with ethics violations around the same time. Rangel's hearing happened, he was punished and it was all over awhile ago. Maxine hasn't had hers yet. Still waiting. So does that make me racist because I wonder when Maxine will answer to her charges? I also wonder when old Pelosi will start cleaning the swamp she said she'd clean 4 years ago??

bbsam

Staff member
Charlie Rangel & Maxine Waters were both charged with ethics violations around the same time. Rangel's hearing happened, he was punished and it was all over awhile ago. Maxine hasn't had hers yet. Still waiting. So does that make me racist because I wonder when Maxine will answer to her charges? I also wonder when old Pelosi will start cleaning the swamp she said she'd clean 4 years ago??
No, that does not make you a racist. Would you like to explain why it is suggested that she has not been investigated because it would be racist? You posted the article. Maybe she's paying off the investigators, Washington style. Why do you think race plays any part of it? As you pointed out, they went after Rangel. So it isn't about "when" she will, but "why" she hasn't and you seem to think it must be race.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No, that does not make you a racist. Would you like to explain why it is suggested that she has not been investigated because it would be racist? You posted the article. Maybe she's paying off the investigators, Washington style. Why do you think race plays any part of it? As you pointed out, they went after Rangel. So it isn't about "when" she will, but "why" she hasn't and you seem to think it must be race.
I don't give a gosh darn if she's green..................what is wrong with this "body" (congress) when they don't do what they are suppose to do. They did it with Rangel, even though they took their sweet time about it. You keep bringing up race.........it's becoming a pain in the ass and I'm sick of it. Anything I complain about a person isn't because of their color....it's usually about their scrambled brains and their stupid ideas that they must babysit the citizens.

bbsam

Staff member
You are the one who keeps bringing up race by posting the article. Why not send Eric Cantor an E-mail and ask him what the hold up is? Or Boehner. They are the ones in control, aren't they?

moreluck

golden ticket member
So now we are blaming the House leader from 2 years ago?
No, I'm saying she was in charge and friendailed to do her job. She did her job with Rangel, but ignored her responsibilities to see it through with Waters. She, herself should've been facing censure!!
Old Maxine will be dead in her grave and we'll never know anything.

bbsam

Staff member
No, I'm saying she was in charge and friendailed to do her job. She did her job with Rangel, but ignored her responsibilities to see it through with Waters. She, herself should've been facing censure!!
Old Maxine will be dead in her grave and we'll never know anything.
It's too late for Boehner and Cantor to do it? Why?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I love when the conversation gets too tough, the subject has to change. I guess Ill just accept that everytime you post something about corrupt congresspeople they just happen to be black.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was a stoy in the O.C. Register today on Elizabeth Warren (senate candidate).....the headline called her
"Fauxcahontas". Very innovative and it cracked me up. Didn't get the writer's name.

moreluck

golden ticket member
2lizjx0.png

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
NO matter how many email cartoons you post, Elizabeth Warren is polling well against Scott Brown. Its still effectively tied and this non story isnt hurting her campaign. While I have no problem with Scott Brown as he has shown himself to be a moderate and votes with the democrats most of the time, only time will tell if the voters will replace him with a real democrat.

Scott Brown was the GOPs' posterboy when he first got elected, but since, he's been dumped by the GOP for voting with the democrats in key votes.

We will see how it works out !!

Peace

TOS

Babagounj

Strength through joy
One thing most forget was that Brown was elected to fill out Fat Boy Teddy's last term.
This is the first election for a full term.
EW ( or locally known as Granny ; because she uses the same hairdo as Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies ) has not denied her own faults. She checked off the box on all of her employment applications stating that she was in fact a minority and the schools that hired her reported her as such.
When ever asked about it , as a good liberal she changes the subject.
If she's the best the DNC has , then Brown will win easily.