congress

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know who you are asking, or if the bulb makers are done.....I stockpiled mine awhile ago. Our Lowe's still has the regular bulbs right along side the piggy-tails. The ones I got were Sylvania......don't know if they closed or not.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well then, everyone still has chances to stock up on the good old light bulbs....they're still out there. Then , if in a year, gov't decides to do away with them, then you'll be set.

ITs truly amazing how people can be controlled by a cable news channel. "STOCKING UP" on light bulbs? Seriously? What a joke. 100 watt ban delayed for 12 months and 12 months only. This wasnt a BILL it was tossed into the budget at the last minute.

I find it hilarious those that fall prey to the whims of a political party and will go spend good money on light bulbs as they are told to do. I heard stewart varney saying the same thing. He said he stocked up but worried that the light bulb police would come and take him in 12 months.

Now I hear moreluck saying shes stocking up.

Man, you should really find a hobby other than waiting for your next order from fox news.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have 20 cans of Progresso soup in my pantry.......so sorry if you think that's a stupid thing. I also have a dozen Marzetti's Slaw Dressing......which I have shipped from the company in Columbus.
I already have all the light bulbs I will ever need in the cabinets in my garage. It's called being prepared........keep fiddling, grasshopper.....winter is near!

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't think I have a choice now, but to only buy the low energy light bulbs.
That's ok,, though. I'm getting sick and tired of replacing the old Edison bulbs.
One just burnt out in my basement, and another in my hallway.

Now, these new ones will last up to 10 years, and use 1/4 or 1/5 of the energy.
So, my powerbill will be getting less and less as soon all of them will be replaced, and I won't need to replace those for years to come.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, the house republicans have decided to screw all american workers by rejecting the extention of unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut.
House GOP rejects 2-month payroll tax cut - Yahoo! Finance

160 million american workers will face a tax increase because of this action and its absolutely clear that the republicans are not on the side of the middle class. Instead, they vote to cut taxes for the rich and raise taxes on the rest of the country.

How is this party still a viable option for americans?

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, the house republicans have decided to screw all american workers by rejecting the extention of unemployment benefits and the payroll tax cut.
House GOP rejects 2-month payroll tax cut - Yahoo! Finance

160 million american workers will face a tax increase because of this action and its absolutely clear that the republicans are not on the side of the middle class. Instead, they vote to cut taxes for the rich and raise taxes on the rest of the country.

How is this party still a viable option for americans?

Peace.
I don't know why anyone would want just a two month fix. The president told congress to do their job....not kick the can down the lane 'til after the holidays. It's already been reported that the 2 month Harry Reid deal would be impossible to implement......so the Senate passed something that was impossible to implement......the House at least knows better!!

"In a letter to the the leaders of the House and Senate Ways and Means committees, the National Payroll Reporting Consortium, whose members serve 1.5 million employers and more than one-third of the private-sector workforce, wrote that the Senate's two-month extension allows "insufficient lead time" to institute changes by Feb. 29. "

Read more: Payroll Processors Say Two-Month Payroll Tax Fix Undoable | Fox News

moreluck

golden ticket member
And whAT about changes by Jan 1st (just 11 days away) if the bill doesn't pass ?
That doesn't mean you pass just anything. It's got to be a bill that is possible to be implemented......a 2-month bill, like proposed by the Senate, is impossible to implement.

moreluck

golden ticket member
DCCC Chief Accuses House Republicans of Standing Up For “Intransigence And Extremism”…

And yet the truth is Republicans are fighting to extend the payroll tax cut for one year as opposed to the two month extension the Dems are pushing, which according to experts will be nearly impossible to implement.
(Ballot Box) — The head of Democrats’ election efforts in the House put Republicans on notice that they alone will be blamed by voters if they fail to approve a Senate-passed compromise to extend the payroll tax holiday.

Calling it a “defining issue” for the 2012 elections, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel (N.Y.) said it left no doubt that Republicans were standing up for intransigence and extremism.

“In January, if taxes go up, it will only be because of the House Republicans who rejected compromise after compromise,” Israel said Tuesday on MSNBC

moreluck

golden ticket member
That's something he can't do, but she's totally unaware !!!!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 @ 3:07 pm | Dem Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee Demands Emperor Obama Use His Executive Power To Extend Payroll Tax Cut…
Of course Jackson Lee has no idea (although she would never admit it) if Obama could even issue an executive order to pass a tax-cut bill. During today press conference White House spokesman Jay Carney said he couldn’t even if he wanted to, that House approval was needed. The limitations on EO’s are kind of vague from what I know.

texan

I am not as informed as you are sir. I also can not speak for her post.

But one company having RLA and the other NLRB is a concern for me.

Both delivery companies should be on one level with the same rules. :sad2: