Connectivity meeting: Have you done it yet?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Run along to ur ie buddies. We don't want u here
don't lie to your heart bb

Trust me son, we don't need your handouts. You, however, might need to conserve your stash for dinner or something, need you to make your insurance premiums and enhanced retirement plan contributions.
your running drives up the stock price enough it covers my shortfalls thanks again fam

J92

So it looks like all the drivers are being asked to start early for one day and do this meeting with a center manager. In the meeting, the center manager talks about our competitors (FedEx, USPS, Amazon, regional carriers). We watch a video that explains how they are eating away at our business and what we need to do to stop it. From the gist of it, it seems to me like they are trying to prepare us for everyday delivery. Meaning not just Saturday ground, but Sunday also. The word our center manager kept using was 'flexibility', to match the demands of our changing delivery market, and our competitors. Has anyone else had this meeting yet? What did you take from it?

Nope but I think it means we are all going to be marginalized based on hours of commitment to ensure we can compete. Just my thought. Doesn't look like top management has a clear idea of competitive advantages to avoid this yet.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

So it looks like all the drivers are being asked to start early for one day and do this meeting with a center manager. In the meeting, the center manager talks about our competitors (FedEx, USPS, Amazon, regional carriers). We watch a video that explains how they are eating away at our business and what we need to do to stop it. From the gist of it, it seems to me like they are trying to prepare us for everyday delivery. Meaning not just Saturday ground, but Sunday also. The word our center manager kept using was 'flexibility', to match the demands of our changing delivery market, and our competitors. Has anyone else had this meeting yet? What did you take from it?
You can't abuse and work your people to death and tell us we don't go fast enough and threaten us and then turn around and ask for help. We made UPS 1.3 billion in profit in 3 months. Bite me management

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Today we had an on car suggest we start a petition. To take only a 20 minute lunch break. For contract bargaining. I said I want a full hour plus 2 10 min breaks. I also said we can't hardly do what we have now. With a 20 min lunch does he expect ie to keep stop counts where they are? No chance in hell

35years

Gravy route
The next steps in the contract propaganda campaign will be:

1. Management hanging around where you punch in and out. They will pretend to be your best friends. They will try to create dialog first about your family/personal life. Eventually, when they think you see them as descent people, they will manipulate the conversations to include how much better we have it compared to employees of other companies. Warning letters will virtually disappear closer to vote time.

2. Sup will ride with you not to harass you but to talk about how competition is killing us. They will pretend to care what you think is important in the next contract.

3. Positive compliments and team building will be major themes. Small group meetings will become more common so experienced employees will not influence the newbies. Add in a few anti-union comments, but not too strong. We are all one big happy team.

4. Peak will likely be easier then past peaks. They will over hire Temps and helpers so we do not become bitter...Remember recent peaks when they upped the max hours and shoved it down our throats.

Just remember they voted themselves millions in additional compensation. Remember they worked you 14 hours a day out of greed. Remember the later start times across the country were to make them a few more $, not out of necessity. Same with understaffing for years. They don't care about you, and UPS is making billions .

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

The next steps in the contract propaganda campaign will be:

1. Management hanging around where you punch in and out. They will pretend to be your best friends. They will try to create dialog first about your family/personal life. Eventually, when they think you see them as descent people, they will manipulate the conversations to include how much better we have it compared to employees of other companies. Warning letters will virtually disappear closer to vote time.

2. Sup will ride with you not to harass you but to talk about how competition is killing us. They will pretend to care what you think is important in the next contract.

3. Positive compliments and team building will be major themes. Small group meetings will become more common so experienced employees will not influence the newbies. Add in a few anti-union comments, but not too strong. We are all one big happy team.

4. Peak will likely be easier then past peaks. They will over hire Temps and helpers so we do not become bitter...Remember recent peaks when they upped the max hours and shoved it down our throats.

Just remember they voted themselves millions in additional compensation. Remember they worked you 14 hours a day out of greed. Remember the later start times across the country were to make them a few more $, not out of necessity. Same with understaffing for years. They don't care about you, and UPS is making billions .
Well said